Weird tonsil???

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive had this weird tonsil, or ar least i think its a tonsil? i got a REALLY bad sore throat a couple months ago and it was only on the weird tonsil side. ive had a sore throat off and on (my kids are always having a sore throat.) anyways, this is still here. imageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yes its a tonsil. i had the same issue about 2 years ago. I was starting to freak out about tonsil cancer. however i soon found out that i had one tonsil larger my entire life. now the sore throat was linked to a wisdom tooth infection as i only had one side bothering me which freaked me out. AFTER my tooth was removed I still had the same issue. I even had a swollen lymph node. I was on antibotics for nearly a year until I got my immune system up. Any ways deep down i feel that it was viral. It eventually went away.

My point is maybe youve always had this tonsil and never noticed until now? I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK AND HOPE YOU START FEELING BETTER

• Posted

Ive had a similar thing since December. Swollen tonsil on one side, sore throat on and off, a blocked feeling in my ear. The doctor said it was viral...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.