Weird tonsils, sore throat, excess mucus. HELP??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had tonsil problems for sime time now. I visited my doctor, but he told me to stop smoking first. I'm not a heavy smoker. In fact, I don't even smoke cigaretes regulary, but I do smoke mj daily mixed with tobacco. I'm pretty sure that's why spit out brown/yellow mucus in the morning, but I'm starting to get concerned about my health. Is the picture of tonsils concerning? The holes are actually larger than they appear on the image, but not much larger. I also have yellow spots on the back of the throat which you can barely see on the photo.

Sometimes when I smoke, my throat starts feeling very soar and I can't continue. I'm young and as far as I understand these kind of problems aren't common for people my age.

Thanks for your help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention my nose is stuffed most of the time too, even from when I was a child.*
  • Posted

I don’t see any problems with your tonsils. Though they have a few large crypts on their surfaces. If the sticky mucus persists after you quit smoking, go back to see your doctors to examine the whole throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.