Weird Ultrasound Question..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had a pelvic ultrasound today for ovary and pelvic pain. Ultrasound went normally, I am in Canada so the ultrasound tech cant tell me anything. She sends results to family DR and he contacts me. Anyways when I leave all my ultrasounds I always look at the screen, and today I seen something I never have.. 2-3 or of the pictures had big red Xs on them.

Has anyone ever seen this? I googled it but no answers.

Thanks! smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am in Canada as well and have never seen that. I’m sure your Doctor will call you to review - they gets the results sent electronically so it’s fast! Keep us posted and wishing the best! 
  • Posted

Hi Nicole, 

Where in Canada are you? I'm in Toronto and noticed a change in the ultrasound technician's tone. I didn't know at the time, but she had found an 11 inch ovarian cyst. She got really syrupy nice. 

Call your doctor within the week to find out the results because mine never bothered to tell me about this 'huge cyst'. I found out after finally obtaining the results from the ultrasound lab myself! No wonder there's such a high rate of cancer, the doctors simply don't care. They're just interested in the 100 bucks per 5 minute appointment that they can charge the government. When I finally went in to discuss this serious issue, she actually had the ignorance to say I could leave it and wait until it goes away. Who in their right mind would leave an 11 cm cyst?! The surgeon who was to remove it later told me that it would never 'just go away' like my doctor so stupidly said it would.

I don't mean to worry you, but I'm trying to impress upon you that if a cyst is found, you have to be proactive to get it taken care of as quickly as possible. If it's getting bigger and you are still waiting for a surgeon, feign immense pain and go to emergency, they'll have to take it out right there and then. I learned that from a walk in doctor I went to for another referral because I was tired of waiting for the surgeon my stupid dr referred me to.

• Posted

In the first paragraph of this answer I mistakenly said 11 inch cyst, it was actually 11 cm. Sorry to scare anyone. lol
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,

I am in Hamilton, not to far from you. My tech was very kind the whole time but did ask when I was seeing my doctor again. I have had alot of little cysts that have gone away on their own. Nothing like your large cyst!! That's HUGE! I cant believe your doctor would just leave it. Thats horrible.

I've had many ultrasounds, sometimes with small cysts and sometimes with none, but this pain in my ovary area continues. Maybe I'm crazy. Lol. Hope to get answers soon. smile

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

I think the tech asked because she was truly concerned. She'll prob put a stat on it. I'd call asap not only because of her comment but your pain. It could twist and burst..

Whilst working out on the stepmaster my right hip would be killing me. I thought it was a joint problem but it was the cyst aggravating the joint! I don't see that dr anymore. She got a 1 out of 5 star rating on ratemd. When I first saw her I thought she was the receptionist with her false eyelashes and bleached hair. Nothing wrong with that look if you're going out clubbing but not if you want your patients to take you seriously. Lol Anyway, I hope you see your dr within the week. I hope it's nothing. But it's always good to be proactive about your health. I read Chasteberry extract is helpful in balancing hormones that cause cysts. Perhaps look into that. Good luck! Keep us updated.

• Posted

I called my doctor this morning but no results yet.

My pain shoots into my hip as well, also into my vagina and rectum (sorry tmi) Ecspecially painful after intercourse or while sitting. Also got blood work done to check hormone levels etc, as I rarely have a period.

I will definitely look into the Chasteberry, thank you for the tip.

• Posted

No I've not seen this but not had many ultrasounds myself do you know how long you'll have to wait for your results?! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.