Weird urine problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

So for about 2 months now i´ve had some weird urine problems come and go. It started with frequent urination. I had weird pressure in my bladder but no pain. Then I noticed I was having dark urine. And then it was cloudy and looked almost milky. I would have to go to the bathroom right after I went but only a few drops of urine came out. I´ve also noticed that it had a sweet smell to it. I went to the doctor and had my urine tested out. It was fine and the doctor told me to not worry about it. After the smell, and weird colour went away. It was normal except I still had to go pee a lot. Now a month later I have the cloudy urine again and sweet smell. Does anyone know what this is? And should I worry?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Zoey. If I were you I would ask for another urine test. Most urine cultures are only 24 hours and only check for e. coli, while other organisms can certainly cause infection. I recently had a UTI that wasn't picked up by the first test but the second more comprehensive culture found three different organisms in my urine. Don't stop until you have the tests and the answers you need. Recurrent cloudy, milky and sweet-smelling urine isn't normal and shouldn't be ignored and neither should increased frequency. Also, you might want to have your blood sugar checked-those issues can sometimes be caused by diabetes. I may be a bit more proactive about urinary issues due to having interstitial cystitis, but I think you should listen to what your body is trying to tell you. Good luck and good health?

• Posted

I had also noticed that I would have cloudy urine right before my period. For example on Sunday, I woke up and had cloudy urine. A couple hours later I had gotten my period and the cloudiness seemed to stop. The frequency decreased as well. Still going a lot though.
    • Posted

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Did you see a urologist or urogynecologist yet? If not, that should be your next step. I know hormones can affect chronic conditions like interstitial cystitis( which I have) but I've never heard of them affecting a normal, healthy bladder.

• Posted

Go back to the doctor and ask for a more in depth test. The current tests are not very sensitive, so infections go undiagnosed when they could be cleared by antibiotics. Please see CUTIC information, very useful.
    • Posted

I did, I had another test just last week. Still nothing. They say anxiety and I shoudn´t worry since im only 14 and my body is changing. For example my period is causing frequent urination. But i dont know what to think anymore. Im just worried theres a more underlying cause.

• Posted

Hi iam going through something similar did you find anything helpful?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.