Weird vag opening and pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

My vag has these weird bumps and stuff inside the opening and Im confused as to what it is. I don't think its normal because its painful. Im a virgin, never masturbated ever because I cant put nothing up there. sorry it looks gross down there.. I should probably see a doctor but i don't know. imageimageimage

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

How long have you been experiencing pain? I can't actually see anything unusual, but if you are experiencing pain that is not normal. How old are you? Have you discussed this with your mom or any more experienced woman? If it continues you should see a doctor to see what would be causing it. Better to be embarrassed by an exam than to develop a worse problem that can probably be treated now. Exams just become a regular part of life. Good luck.

• Posted

Pain has been there for at least a few years but I didnt think much of it until months ago.

Im 17 and I have not talked to my mom or anyone about this because Im not comfortable doing that. Ive been becoming more confident with myself down there so Ill eventually go to an exam soon:) Thank you!

I think its more of a burning feeling not so much of pain so im thinking Im not doing something right. Maybe too dry when I try to insert something or try to masterbate?

• Posted

Do you see a general practitioner or family doctor? If you are in the US you could make an appointment directly with a female gynecologist if that would make more comfortable. Of course, that would require having health insurance. If you are in the UK, I don't know what requirements there may be for a minor to see a doctor. I really think your best bet would be to tell your mom. Remember, you both have the same anatomy! We nearly all have genital issues during our lives. A burning sensation for years is not normal. It may seem strange for you to talk with her but I'm sure she would feel very badly to know you've had a problem for years and not gone to her for help. Just tell her you have discomfort and want to see a doctor. Write a note to her if you don't want to talk about it. Don't let fear or embarrassment stand in the way of your health. You can do it. This is part of growing up. Good luck!

• Edited

Hi, I agree with last group member to get seen by doc. Now its normal to have some gland like bumps in the inner labia-forgetting the name off hand. But pain not normal. Women who do not have sex can get some infections like yeast, gardnerella and Bv. There are autoimmune conditions such as lichen schlerosis -you would see a white film...I dont see how you could have hpv if not sexually active...so doc should be able to narrow it down..any history of hormone interuption or autoimmune disease. Anyways the doc with start with the most common possiblities first. No burning when you pee right? (uti symptoms). Finally no new scented soap products have been used and you wipe front to back when going to the batrhoom right? (Women who wipe their rectums from back towards their vagina can get uti's from bacteria in their stool getting in to their urethra/vagina....still that wouldnt cause bumps..my gyn recommends johnson and johnson baby soap "head to toe" instead of any scented body wash as that can distrub your natural good bacteria. Also I am sure you know to never douche-it causes baterial imbalances and infections....(I know you already said you do not put anything in there)... Good luck and let us know how it turns out).

• Edited

Hair bumps can be very painful at times, no matter where they grow. Which is what the bumps on the outside of the labia looks like to me. I couldn't quite see (from the angle of the picture) any bumps inside of the vulva area, but if there are, you should definitely see a doctor immediately. I hope everything works out for you sweetheart.

P.S. In the future, Please be very careful about posting pictures of this nature. "There are a lot of crazies out here." Wishing you the best....

• Edited

Yeah I just got a message recently from some dude aha

When I posted this I forgot there are people like that everywhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.