Weird vision issues and withdrawal journey so far.

Posted , 3 users are following.

anyone ever had werid vison problems while on bisoprolol or withdrawn from it its really hard to explain but its like green negotive images, which wre like negotive images after watching mainly white backgraounds

also i know about the dizzyness, anixety etc during withdrawl what about senstive to heat ie if heating goes on you almost want to pass out or get dizzy after talking the tablet

or is it sods law ive picked up a bug during withdrawl lol

im going to my half of a half 1.25 tomorrow as resting pulse is steady for week now at between 58-62 ive been up on my feet and felt more chatty anixety still there but not as bad and i have colour in my fingers once again

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I did not have the advantage of weaning off the biso. My cardiologist told me to just stop it 5 days prior to an ablation attempt.

Well he said it would be just fine.........but it was not fine.

I had such anxiety.And so many physical things. My legs were so jittery and shakey I could not walk. My anxiety was through the roof. Stomach problems, light headness, and many more.......

I at the time did not know it was withdrawals, but thought it was anxiety, so I was put on trazodone and klonopin. I had no clue.

But then started a complete nightmare of dealing with these new drugs,then 9 months weaning from them, and now in 11 months of protrated withdrawal. If I had only known what was going on, I would not have lost 2 years of my life.

After the unsuccessful ablation ( and 2 more tries after that), I never went back on the biso.

I told my cardiologist I would rather have tachy than take that awful drug.

While on it though, I had problems too. I was a zombie, I could not get off the sofa. My hands and geet were like ice, and my heart rate and blood pressure were very low

Worst time of my life!!!!!

• Posted

wow compared to your time i am blessed i had every side effect on bisoprolol including it making my roscea worse and also face spasms and swelling docs still said it was tablets

since lowering dose ive had all the same side effects but the new one on day dose goes lower is a werid rush of thoughts in my head im glad i know its the tablets or id think i was going nuts and werid eye focus inssues

what got me cutting down was gp said i needed anti depressents . know i didnt need them before tablets so why now; so bye bye bisoprolol

the anixety is horrible and can see how doc get people hooked on anti depressents they start them on bisoprolol. Suppose its a way of making more money for drug companies

• Posted

sorry that should have said doc said it was the tablets

• Posted

oh i give up wasnt

lol blooming iphones and trouble focusing to typing

• Posted

I've been on bisoprolol for about 3 weeks and also getting vision issues. I am seeing a flashing line in the corner of my left eye when I move my head a certain way, mainly in the morning and evening, but occasionally I see it during the day. I feel like I am about to have a stroke, as I also had a dizzy spell a couple of weeks ago, and my arm feels tingly.

How long have you been trying to wean off them? And how long were you taking them? I'm not sure how quickly to go, as I was taking another beta blocker for a couple of months before the bisoprolol (Betaloc - metoprolol). I am rather concerned to read that people are still suffering from these drugs months and even years after stopping them!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.