Weird white buildup under fingernails....Please help with what it is and maybe a cure....

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have super long lunulas on multiple of my fingers, plus this weird white stuff under the nails. I have tried removing them, but when after removing the top and go deeper, it starts to hurt. Please help....

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sometimes I was in the same situation as you. I've heard that some factors (like eczema, fungal infections, diabetes, nail trauma or chemicals) can contribute to the reason. In my case, when I removed the white part, it hurt for a while, but after I applied some antifungal cream, my nail started to grow again. Someone told that washing your hands with lukewarm, salt water for 15 minutes every day could be helpful. Besides, always keep your hands dry and clean, avoid wearing rubber gloves, and choose antimicrobial hand hygiene products. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.