weirdest symptoms ever- could they be endo?

Posted , 2 users are following.

OK. I'm 35, no children, and have been on the pill since I was 17. So I've had always had this weird heaviness feeling a couple weeks before my period comes- it's always on the left side, where my inner thigh meets my crotch and it radiates along that crease to my butt- and the feeling also goes down the back of my left leg. I always just thought it was part of my cycle- it's annoying but I'm used to it. The last couple months, it's more than annoying- it's more sore and feels heavier... enough to worry me. And it used to just be a few days- now it stays for over a week. But a few days before my period comes, it vanishes. Also, about 9 months ago, my left leg started feeling like it was sunburned from the kneecap up to my thigh- very sensitive to touch... I started keeping track of when it happens and it always happens when I should be ovulating- it lasts like 3 days, then goes away. It's always the exact same time every month. ALSO, when I'm laying on my back too long, the same spot where I get the sunburned/sensitive feeling on my left leg will feel like it's fallen asleep/pins and needles feeling- this happens maybe once a week? And my left hip sometimes feels sore when I press on it- or when I'm walking- but it comes and goes too. Those last 2 symptoms I didn't think were related to my cycle... but lately all of this has made me think- it's ALL on my left side- it can't be all a coincicidence- maybe it's ALL related?? I'm Googling and googling and wondering if I have endo on my sciatic nerve? I don't have painful cramps... I do get a migraine the 1st day or 2nd day of my period- but I think that's a hormone withdrawal headache because it's the week I'm off the pill? I don't know, man. 

P.S. I have an appt scheduled tomorrow with an OB/Gyn. She is probably going to think I sound nuts.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I should add that I haven't ALWAYS had the heavy achy feeling- maybe just the past few years.

• Posted

Hi Danileeta

That leg stuff sounds unpleasant.  The most important thing you need to do is stop googling.   The ONLY thing doctor quack quack gets right is the inducement of fear and anxiety.  When we keep on googling the same thing (& we've all done it lol), We're adding to our woes.

Does it sound like endo to me?  No, but I don't have a single medical degree of any kind.  

Here's the first thing the doc will say:  people have sciatica without endo, all the time.  I'm not familiar with it hurting in the crotch area, but I'm not a doctor.  I am 63 and suffered with sciatica a few years ago.  By making some mechanical changes, it went away.

You are old enough that you might be experiencing some bone-nerve issues.  That some of this is induced by lying flat on your back begs the questions:  how old are your bed/futon and your pillow?  How cheap/ expensive were they -- no need to answer -- because here in the states, if you buy a bed for less than $800 it is definitely bad for your back & hips by year 7.  If you're heavy or if 2 people or 1 adult & one dog of 50+ pounds sleep in it, it may not last 5 years.  More expensive beds last longer, at least over here.

Have you had your hip, back, and leg xrayed?  If it were me, I'd try some phys. therapy.  Even if you do have endo, you may be sent for PT.

I hope you get some answers and I hope it is something more curable than endo.

• Posted

Wow, this is a late response but the OB/Gyn performed a pelvic exam on me and ordered an ultrasound too- everything looked good. She was stumped and even conferred with 2 of the other docs about it. She recommended that I skip my period by starting a new pack of birth control pills the day I ran out of the current pack and record my symptoms to see if there were any changes- then she recommended after that to take a month OFF the pill and do the same. Well it's been over a month now I've been off the pill...I'm not going to start another pack until I get a period. But I felt like someone had beat me with a bat for 2 days the 2nd week I was off the pill- from head to toe- putting my seat belt on made me yell out in pain. But since then, the sunburn feeling has not come back at all and I also never got the migraine I do on the pill either. The heaviness feeling still was there though- just not as intense as on pill. I'm due for my pap next month so I will come back to her with all my notes and she will probably still be stumped. 

I had MRI of my back a like 4 years ago because I get left-sided tailbone pain that flares up sometimes- I had 2 bad falls as a kid where I internally bruised my tailbone? The MRI showed I had a bunch of tarlov cysts around the tailbone and slight scoliosis... but that's it. I read that if you have fibromyalgia that you can have these sunburn/nerve pain feelings rotated around different points in your cycle so that's the next thing I'm going to explore if pap smear comes back OK and OB/Gyn doesn't know what to do. 

Anyway, sorry for late response. I just came back on board again because I'm having a whole other health scare and saw your reply! 

Thanks for the feedback! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.