Weirdness when starting an antibiotic

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just started two antibiotics for cellulitis in my wrist and lower arm.  

My arm now feels extremely weird and uncomfortable.    I keep

Moving it to different positions but it feels weird with anything I do.  

Is this a reaction to the antibiotics or is my mind working too hard. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! First of all, are you on a quinolone? There is a black box warning about joint pain, tendonitis, and tendon rupture related to the use of quinolone antibiotics. I don't know what country you are in , but in the United States levofloxacin or Levaquin are common names. It appears to be specific to the quinolone group, and I don't know how to interpret that your arms feel weird, but if you're having pain(especially in the joints) or having trouble moving your arms, please contact your physician immediately. It is extremely important. With the quinolone antibiotics, tendonitis or tendon rupture can resolve after you end the antibiotics. But sometimes, it does not resolve and becomes a permanent way of living. If you can relate to any of this, please contact your physician at your earliest convenience. Alternately, you can ask your pharmacist. Your pharmacist is really the expert when it comes to these drugs. Thanks so much and let me know what happens. Kat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.