Weired dreams - anybody else...?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am taking venlafaxine for 9 month now and while I was very happy and grateful at the beginning as my pain and depression subsided, I am struggling now with the side effects such as feeling at times extremely warm, very tired and having endless weird dreams night after night. They are not real nightmares but just so, so weird. Is anybody else experiencing this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Me! I have the weird dreams. And the tiredness is something I have too. But I try and walk 3 miles with my dog every other day and that really helps. I also believe that after feeling bad for so long, your body is beginning to relax. This was also true for me. So everything you're experiencing is normal. I'll take these kinds of side effects over the anxiety, panic and pain ANY DAY!!! God bless you!

• Posted

Yes, thank you - very interesting.

I have been thinking for a while now on reducing to 37.5, will go slowly now.

• Posted

Thank you. That makes sense. It all depends which beliefs we rap around it. Ok, I'll try to 'accept' more being tired and do more excercise...

• Posted

Ad's supress the REM (RAPPID EYE MOVEMENT) stage of sleep which is the stage when you dream!! The effect of suppression is when you get REM rebound when you experience very intense dreams. Its not dangerous but changing medication might b an option if its worrying you. I'm decreasing Venlafaxine been on 37.5 for a month now. When u decrease or increase dose I read it can b worse, BUT will settle down when you are used to the dose. Hope that's helps x

• Posted

Count me in! Been on 75mg XR about 3 months after a year on 150mg IR. It's let me drop Valium after 42 years.

The dreams are frequent and really quite creative!

Tiredness is a slight problem.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. Just need to read some other perspectives. It relaxes somehow :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.