Well after several months I am back

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am so fed up with drinking, this time I am finding it harder to stop on my own. I was to the doctors this morning she has ordered fluoxetine for me to help with anxiety and a sleeping aid. I havent touched anything for 4 days but finding it very difficult sad

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sue, I forget what approaches you've tried so far. Have you tried any meds to help you stay quit? 

• Posted

Hey sue...sorry you are still struggling...did you have any sober time in the 5 months?

Still drinking wine? Still working?

Not touching anything for 4 days is good..but not so good if that is all you can think about.....

Another good thing is  you are open with your Dr....

I'm a little tired of being open with Drs as it is tending to back fire on me.

I don't want to relapse again...I am concerned for you that you do not sound excited about being stopped for 4 days...sad

• Posted

Sorry to hear this, Sue. Especially after doing well. How long were you sober for and what happened to get you back drinking? Well down with 4 days - it's difficult, especially after a lapse - but you're doing it!

Will your doc prescribe campral to banish the cravings or naltrexone to take the excess pleasure away?

Wishing you all there best

• Posted

I know it's hard Sue but it sounds like your moving forward and that's always good.

• Posted

Sue G'day How you going love.

Listen you did well 4 days hats off mate. Aye suggestion , i do not know if this would help but trying watching some horror movies and get some home made strong lemonade on the side aye.

Best of Luck  Focus ok ... Focus

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.