Well and Truly fed up

Posted , 5 users are following.

OK, I am really fed up.

As I didn't lose weight for a month I decided to increase the fat in by diet. Result? No orange oil but a weight gain and constipation!

So I am really fed up now. I do not get these tablets. I take them as directed but even after fat packed meals (that shoudl have me wuaking in my boots) I am not getting any oily reactions. Nothing.

Starting to think that Roche have been flogging talc tablets as Orlistat!

Then to make it worse, I am still waiting for my prescription to be filled 1 week after taking it to the chemist. Why do we bother?

So, sod it. I am back on the Very Low Fat diet. At least I feel better on that.

Lelly xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you are fed up, and I totally understand.

I know I've been really lucky - had a great start and not much side effect wise.

I hope you find something that works.

• Posted

I had a great start - lost 19lbs in the 1st month but nothing for the last 5 or 6 weeks.

So getting quite despondant!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Well another week down and no orange side effects (despite my best efforts to provoke them). I have even had a fried egg and mushroom sarnie for brekkie with no reactions.

Will weigh myself when I get home this lunchtime to see if there is any change over the last week. Don't expect anything but who knows eh?

I so want to lose this weight but am scared the doc will suggest surgery soon!!!!!

Lelly xx

• Posted

OK, for interest, here is a typical days food for me:

Brekkie: cereal and soya milk. black coffee

lunch: previous nights dinner microwaved or weight watchers soup

dinner: pasta & low fat sauce or quorn chunk curry & boiled rice.

snacks: fruit (loads of it). Muller lite yoghurt sometimes

drinks: black coffee, no sugar, water

about once a month I make a pizza with tuna and onion (home made of course!)

I only drink alcohol once a week.

So if anyone can see where I am going wrong I would love some advice.

Lelly xx (the desperate fatty)

• Posted

Just a thought Lelly, given your comments about struggling a bit.

If you were to eat your loads of fruit - say a banana, an apple, a pear, a couple of satsumas, a small pack of strawberries - that would be about 530 calories. It may be healthy calories and low fat, but unfortunately not free and a significant chunk of your 1200-1400 calories a day.

BTW, did you see that BBC programme on Wednesday night called 10 Things You Need to Know ABout Losing Weight\"? It was - surprisingly - not at all bad and well worth downloading from the BBC iPlayer if you missed it.

• Posted

Hi LellyM,

Just looked at your posting. I too am a vegetarian and your diet looked very similar to mine, one thing I would say is I dont think you have enough fat in your meals.

e.g For breakfast I have three weetabix, three toast and soya milk and still cannot get to my 10g fat

For lunch, I too have soup but have to have bread and a yoghurt to add fat

For dinner I have pasta and quorn and then have low fat garlic bread to up my fat.

Fortunately for us Quorn is very low fat, trouble is I am finding I am too full to eat anything else.

I am now losing about 2lb a week so have def slowed down, i am going to try RR's tip and have a few nuts to up my fat.

I hope this helps,

Sasx

• Posted

Hi guys,

I did work out a few weeks ago that fruit, although healthy, is actually quite high in calories so i have cut back to 1 pcs a day (would have been 3 or 4 before) so i wil see if that helps.

I have tried to increase my fat intake this last few weeks but all that has done is helped me put weight on!!

I have not had a dreaded orange oil experience for weeks (despite eating meals with up to 50g of fat!!) so i just don't understand.

So, it is back on the very low fat diet for me and keep taking the blueys until I can get to see the doc!

Still intent on losing the weight though.

Lelly xx

• Posted

hi lelly,

i have only been taking orlistat for a week and have had absolutely no side effects. in fact i've hardly poo'd. it's so disappointing because i always fail at diets as i have no will power and i was hoping the fear factor involved with taking orlistat would stop me from eating naughty things.

i am generally very healthy (i am also a vegetarian) drink very little and avoid eating junk but never seem to lose weight. on saturday i was naughty and had a pizza from zizi which provoked zilch results. i am really dispairing. is it my body or are have i got a reject pack of pills. i am tempted to go back to the doctors to get a new prescription.

have things changed for you? or still no luck

fleur

• Posted

Well, I still am not losing. But going to see a dietitian soon so maybe that will help.

Went on holiday last week. Had a fab time but even cornish clotted cream failed to provoke a reaction. My doc was amazed and thought I should have been confined to the loo for the rest of the day but no, nothing but wind! But only put 1lb on so no big bad!

So I don't know any more. I am still taking the damned things but I am not convinced they are helping. Mind you, they do keep me \"regular!!!\"

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi,

Just saw this post. I am the same, nothing seems to induce any nasty effects, not that ive tried it alot, but i did eat a whole garlic bread the other week and sat by the loo and nothing happened! I dont get any side effects other than nasty wind, which is very annoying in lots of situations.

I am seeing my GP in 3 weeks so if nothing has changed then she said i can try reductil smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.