Well Done Joanna

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have started this new discussion as I didn’t want my reply and comments to be lost in the C3Foundation discussion.

I have just watched Joanna’s video presentation for the C3Foundation.

What an excellent and extremely professional job Joanna has done is a bit of an understatement. Joanna, you came across brilliantly, don’t know how many practices/takes were needed to accomplish the final presentation. 

What i did like, and my daughter said the same, was that you were genuine and non judgemental. The pitch was perfect.

I would recommend asking Joanna for the link (sorry Joanna if you’re inundated with pms) It’s definitely worth watching and great to put a face to the name

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Great idea and i will be watching the video soon. Thanks for posting this. Joanna deserves all the praise.
  • Posted

Aww, thank you.  What you say really touches me.

Am glad you liked it.  It isn't easy to do because I hate cameras and it takes quite a while to do, too.  

Nothing we can do now, but wait.  These things tend to take many attempts and a high failure rate.  To get awarded the original grant to build the support tool took about 10 applications through various organisations.  It's a case of the more you apply for, the higher the chances of success, but to get that it takes a lot of failures and declines first.

Fingers crossed!

xx

• Posted

What a shame that key workers at ARCs aren’t made to watch it and be taught about TSM and gp surgery’s.

What does annoy me is that there’s far more money and help given to drug addicts. The ARC I went to had a little pokey corner for AUD service users. The drug addiction section was full of information, posters etc. Users turning up demanding to see the dr.

I couldn’t believe it when I went for my appointment just before Christmas. There were posters and key workers reminding users about needing double prescriptions over the holidays!!

• Posted

Agree, totally, and this is exactly what we will be working towards if we get these extra funds to do so.  We will have our support tool up and running and we want to take it out and meet with the clinical commissioning groups.

That's the long-term goal, anyway biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.