Well I am one of the 1 in 1000 women that suffered with ...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Well I am one of the 1 in 1000 women that suffered with PS but have also known 2 other guys to have suffered with it! Didnt really think it was as common as it is! Well mine started about 2 years ago but then it burst (sorry) and then kept coming up every few months and all the doctors would give me is antibiotics. After about a year and a half i had enough of it coming up and me not being able to sit down especially when it came up on holiday it was so depressing and felt extremely bad on my boyfriend for cyring my eyes out each day because i couldnt lie on a sun bed!!! I took myself off to A&E where they cut it and took a sample! It later then got confirmed that it was PS and I have just recently had the operation. They have left it open an i have to get it packd every day which isnt the nicest thing but its not really too painful either! The good thing is i can still walk around but i'm now off work for 2 weeks and possibly another....unpaid!!! Well to anyone who thinks they have it dont worry just take yourself down to the hospital as it is soooo much less painful to have it operated on than to actually have it!!! I can assure you!! Coming from the biggest wimp of pain!

[i:d5ed25ccec]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d5ed25ccec]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I could have written this myself! smile I can only agree and urge others not to put off treatment, it takes some time to complete but is sooo much better than living with this condition, which in my experience may seem like a localised problem but you don't realise how ill it has been making you feel until you are free of the infection.
  • Posted

[quote:433052fdb8=\"E. S.\"]Well I am one of the 1 in 1000 women that suffered with PS but have also known 2 other guys to have suffered with it! Didnt really think it was as common as it is! Well mine started about 2 years ago but then it burst (sorry) and then kept coming up every few months and all the doctors would give me is antibiotics. After about a year and a half i had enough of it coming up and me not being able to sit down especially when it came up on holiday it was so depressing and felt extremely bad on my boyfriend for cyring my eyes out each day because i couldnt lie on a sun bed!!! I took myself off to A&E where they cut it and took a sample! It later then got confirmed that it was PS and I have just recently had the operation. They have left it open an i have to get it packd every day which isnt the nicest thing but its not really too painful either! The good thing is i can still walk around but i'm now off work for 2 weeks and possibly another....unpaid!!! Well to anyone who thinks they have it dont worry just take yourself down to the hospital as it is soooo much less painful to have it operated on than to actually have it!!! I can assure you!! Coming from the biggest wimp of pain!

[i:433052fdb8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:433052fdb8][/quote:433052fdb8]

I am also suffering from this PS. I had operated this last october but it keeps coming back every month. I have consulted many doctors and all of them have different opinions. But one thing they all agree on is another surgery and I am too afraid of it, having had a bad experience with the first one. I was taking medicines for over a month and doc said it was fine and healed and now again just after one week it started discharging again. I am so afraid. sad sad

• Posted

sad

I also had an operation on a peri-anal abcess which has never healed - this was back in April. Puses constantly although I no longer get any pain. Been told recently by my GP that its now a sinus and Im awaiting a referral back to the hospital for treatment. My wound was only ever packed once - after I removed packing I was told by nurses that because of its position packing wouldnt stay in. Original packing stayed in easy enough!! Ouch!! Think this has been the main cause of my problem.

• Posted

Dont put off treatment, I have had mine 4.5 years at least and it became a terrible problem because it took them over 3.5 years to diagnose and I had to have a full Y plasti and still having problems. Nip it in the bud as quickly as possible and dont wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.