Well I can No Longer Win this

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to the Doctor, he told me to go up to 100MG for my BP on Toprol and Gave me a Water Pill as well, My BP Still Refuses to go down, its 155/98 today, WHAT MORE CAN I DO?

And Not only that I read Toprol can cause More Insomnia along with wakings up and Nightmares, and I have ALL 3, I already had Insomnia but now I wake up every hour or less, I also have quick nightmares that also wake me up, I am a virtual mess 4-5 days Now and Im lucky each night to have a total of 3 hours or less of sleep!

I cannot win, just give up and let me have a heart attack already

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't be discouraged, one question, are you consuming more sodium than you should be, and you should make sure you're eating some potassium rich foods,

because potassium riich foods can naturally assist the medication in lowering 

your #s by 6-8 points on the top # and the bottom #.  Sometimes that's just enough

to make a difference.  Your physician should have told you this.

• Posted

I didn't read all of your post, just the first couple of sentences, sorry, it sounds like

you need a med change, this medicine clearly isn't working for you.  I, myself, was

on Toprol for a # of years before I was switched to Bystolic, which is a newer generation beta blocker.  It costs more, but I have no side affects with it, and I've

been on it for over 2 years now.  The older one kept my pulse so low that I couldn;'t get up to target heart rate, however it did keep my BP under control., but exercise

is important to me, especially with heart failure, so I went with the Bystolic.  At least

with government healthcare in the UK, you shouldn't have to worry about price.l

• Posted

yeah I see my Dr again tomorrow, I may bring up the med you posted, I would have posted sooner but My Internet had an outage for a day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.