Well on the way to saying goodbye to GCA

Posted , 8 users are following.

Feeling good. CRP had risen to 15 after last 3-monthly blood test and I put it down to playing sport (pétanque) in the rain, catching a cold and an infection affecting the connective tissue in the chest. That passed quickly. The low dose prednisone has virtually wiped all those nasty side-effects, although eyes are still slightly, annoyingly dry. A blob of Wasabi takes care of that with a flood of tears!I Was about to go off prednisone (now down to 1mg daily) but my GP said it would be prudent to wait for the result of the next blood tests (done last Thursday) and final assessment by the rheumatologist, scheduled for Wednesday at our local hospital clinic. Thrilled with the results! CRP down to 7.

Well done, body!

Date Lab No. CRP

15/08/20173494261 14 *

12/10/20176267422 10 *

18/12/20176806066 12 *

14/03/20187443092 15 *

14/06/20188204288 7 mg/L * (< 5)

next blood test down for September

Photo: taken at the first of the winter series tournament at our club (Herne Bay in Auckland on Sunday)

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If it were me I know I'd be tempted to just say I'd take it forever!!!!  As a sort of talisman...

Great news!

• Posted

As Eileen says, great news.

Don't disappear, will you. Happy ending stories and how we got there gives encouragement to those still living in hope.

Enjoy your Winter. Hot and stuffy here and we need some rain.

• Posted

Thanks, Betty. Will definitely keep in touch.

You are welcome to have some of our rain. 

All the best for a quick recovery as well.

• Posted

Happy for you Sandy, stay well. The green grass looks beautiful, reminds me of home in New England. Not much of that lush green grass here in New Mexico. Stay active, positive and keep that smile. Smiling ☺️
    • Posted

Winter is rain rain rain. Grounds are saturated but the grass still keeps growing. All the best - I'll be still keeping in touch. Want to know how you all are faring.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.