Well tonight am gonna take my first tablet, because it g...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well tonight am gonna take my first tablet, because it gets to 3am and am still wide awake !! I suffer from depression, anxiety and panick attacks that make it hard for me to get to sleep, does anyone have any warnings for me ???

[i:bc84c466d3]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bc84c466d3]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes - remember this medicine is only prescribed to treat the sleep problem you have for the short term only. It will not treat depression, it may even increase anxiety in the long term. Stay within the prescribed dose, do not increase the amount your doctor has prescribed. The effects of this medicine will decrease the longer you are on it, when and if this happens, go back to your GP for advice. This medicine is for short term 2 - 4 weeks only. Some may have been on them for much longer (addiction is a problem). provided you stick to the prescribed amount you will benefit from this medicine.

[i:1e32118401]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1e32118401]

• Posted

you could be me i am exactly the same as you taking my first tablet tonight. i suffer from depression,panic attacks and i have had trouble sleeping for years.

[i:1a127fc28d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1a127fc28d]

• Posted

hi there i am fully aware that zopiclone has no antianxiety effects,it can make things worse but a better alternative would be valium (diazepam)if you take 1 or 2 10mg tablets as this has an anxity relif and know to produce calmness and encourges a pleasant sleep. please reply with your response

many thanks

daniel

[i:daf566da69]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:daf566da69]

• Posted

Having taken zopiclone for over 5 years, I have found it to be a great help with sleeping. sometimes I only take half the dose, which, to be honest, works just as well, albeit more psychological rather than a chemical one, after so many years. It was first prescribed by my French GP who insisted that I had a decent rest, given my cardiac problems and related anxieties / sleepless nights. None of your \"this is addictive and won't work after 2 weeks\" more a case of \"you need to rest and relax and that is most important\".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.