Wellbutrin following mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone here tried Wellbutrin as a follow up to mirtazapin withdrawals. Or use Wellbutrin for any reason. If so, did you lose weight? Thanks, David

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi David just wondering are u in the uk? Also iv read it's really good for losing weight, when I asked my pdr about this med her reply was it's a USA drug not legal in this country. I was desp to lose weight so really researched & this was the only drug I could find .
    • Posted

Well, in my caes, I am losing weight and don't want to, as I lost enough through withdrawing off mirtazapine. And yes, I'm in the US. Thanks for the reply! David
    • Posted

I had a friend go on it and he lost weight. It does subside, he only lost the first 4 weeks
    • Posted

Patty, it so kind of you to reply, thank you very much. Have a great weekend! David
  • Posted

Hi Dave I was on Wellbutrin when I first starting getting the anxiety.  I took for about 3 months and felt that it increased my anxiety so went off it.  Never gained any weight.  I have actually lost 50 pounds in 9 months from the anxiety.   I am on Remeron and Clonazepam for the anxiety but do not find the Remeron helps sp rely on the Klon. I do not do well meds so these are the 2 I can tolaerate presently. Wellbutrin is easy to come off.
    • Posted

Kathy, thank you very much for the reply. My wife has been on Wellbutrin for years at 300 mg, and seem to do OK, although she still gets "down" at times. Everything that I have read says that Wellbutrin causes weight loss. I have also lost about 50 pounds total, but I also have been through Remeron withdrawal, three times. David
  • Posted

You poor guy.  What dose and for hold long on Mirt?  How did you taper?  I was up to 30mg and felt really bad so tapered down to 22.5mg and held for 2 weeks and now at 15mg and waiting on new PDoc to see what is next.  Like I said it is not helping me with the anxiety.
    • Posted

I was on 45 mg for 8 years. 7 mg for 1 year, and 3.75 fo 1.5 months. I tapered the first time from 45 to 0 in 1 month. Too fast, and that is when the trouble started.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.