Went back on

Posted , 4 users are following.

After about 8 weeks off of mirt, the other night i was so desperate for some sleep, I took 7.5mg at 4am. I was dead asleep by 430am. Slept until 10am felt better that day. Oddly enough, i slept like a baby last night without taking anything, hmmm. Dont think i am going to start mirt again. I was desperate.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gretel

im also 8wks of mirtazapine is lack of sleep they only withdrawal you are having now or it there more than sleep problems ?

kaz

• Posted

Kaz, more than sleep problems. Panic attacks, depression....and a bunch of others. And I am gaining weight since I stopped. I am really uncomfortable.
    • Posted

Gretel

Isn't it crazy all the crazy things that come with withdrawals?

I'm just over 8wks free and I'm getting more better days now..anixety was my worse problem when I stopped but maybe it was because gp took me of 15mg overnight... it just seems to be never ending,tho I'm on a different anti depressant now mayb that's how I'm seeing better days...

If you think the 7,5mg helped you would you not just stick with that dose of your doc is willing to give you it?

Hope you feel a little better soon

Kaz

• Posted

Kaz, i have enough to stay on 7.5 but i want to be off completely. My weight is escalating and i feel very uncomfortable. So we will see.
    • Posted

At low doses like 7.5 mg Mirt only blocks the histamine receptors, acting as an antihistamine and causing all that sedation.  Your nervous system adapts to it at time to bring about homeostasis, but when you yank the mirt away entirely, you are left with the changes unopposed, and therefore rebound insomnia.  Each of us metabolizes these drugs at different rates depending on our detox genetics, and maybe you are slow to clear the mirt so the one dose hung around long enough to give you good sleep the next night even though you didn't take more.

If you find yourself back in the horrible rebound insomnia scenario, again, you might try 3.75 mg (a quarter pill if you are halving a 15 mg) and see if that is enough to give relief.  Unfortunately, the gentlest way to get off these is to do a much slower taper so that the nervous system has a chance to adapt back without too much chaos along the way.

• Posted

Dont know where to put this, but I took mirt one night during my withdrawl. Just once, so now i am at nine weeks, with a 1 nite 7.5 mg break. It still sucks. Majorly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.