Went for my annual blood test for my tsh

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been putting it off for awhile, hate blood tests,small dirty rooms, and lots of sick people with only God mows what.  Anyway I broke my I have to look a certain way and wore a hospital mask and of course my gloves that are now in the wash.

all I heard was caugh,caugh, caugh even from the staff that treated me.  Funny no one stared but no one wanted to sit next to me oh well, at least I got over my phobia.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Pam, you sound like a woman after my own heart!  I am a recluse of my own making and I enjoy it.  I don't want or need people and if heaven forbid, I ever need an operation, if they can't do it on my breakfast bar, then I won't have it done!!!

Bless you.

• Posted

You guys make me chuckle, makes my husband wonder what I am up to.
  • Posted

I don't know how tsh relates to copd? 

Are you diagnosed with copd.

As previous enquiry what is tsh

If connected with your thyroid perhaps check out discussion forums related to your diagnosis, try search box on the right 'Search thousands of discussions'

• Posted

I apologize yes I have copd,  I was warned by my dr to stay away from crouds, avoid people that are ill.  So I guess my point was to get over my phobia about wearing the mask to the blood centre.  I will try to keep my posts more clear about my copd in the future.
    • Posted

Yes and also if tsh is thyroid that probably best posted in the appropriate discussion forum rather than COPD discussion forum.  you are more likely to get greater input ub the thyroid discussion forum if that is was tsh is connected with.
    • Posted

It actually was not clear that your main concern was sitting in a waiting room with a mask on.  I think we all have that concern, especially through winter months and yes who cares if you wear a mask and its more advantageous if no one sits next to you preferably they will wait outside the wait room, but for myself I usually wait outside the wait room myself to avoid bugs.  Although recently I went and had the worse cough of all of them and so I let it out and that did evacuate the wait room ha ha ha
    • Posted

Lol one lady took a look at me and left her seat to move to another area out side the room.  The weirdest thing is I can't catch a break I don't wear it and the teller at the store is sick, next time I go out the dude In front of me is going on about he is on his second round of antibiotics.  I'm on the bus and half the people got a caugh.  I don,t think the dr has a clue as to how hard it is to stay away from germs.  Went to see him and he is sick,  I don,t want to leave the house until this winter is over.

• Posted

Get the N95 mask Pam. I've never had anyone move away from me but I usually try for a seat away from other people. Something that surprises me is that little kids don't burst into tears when they see me. When they seem interested, I smile hugely & mug with my eyes & eyebrows (it helps that I can move eyebrows independently of each other, & same for my eyes).

You will get used to this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.