Went in for Uti

Posted , 4 users are following.

I made an appointment to get tested if I had a uti and sure enough yes. Then I had her look at my stomach because the past 2 weeks it's been distended. She immediately thought I was pregnant and I said there is no chance. Then she did an ultrasound and I have a 15 cm ovarian cyst. She wants me to come back in October and see if it will shrink ...Does anyone suggest I do anything to shrink the cyst? Or to not have a distended belly??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I just had a 15.5 lb cyst removed. No e just kept getting larger. My stomach looked like I was having twins. It's better to have it taken out now so it doesn't get any bigger. I waited and I regret it now

• Posted

Leesa, 

Thank you so much for responding... I called today and can't see the gynecology oncologist till Sept 28th.They wanted me to wait till end of October to see if it shrinks. I said I don't want to wait that long. I'm a new patient so that's the soonest they have... I was just gonna wait but it's pressing on my bladder causing me to go alllll the time. What was your wait time before surgery?? Do u feel better etc???

• Posted

Hey I have exact same thing.  It's been pushing on bladder n I feel pain n tightness in my stomach I have a 7 cm cyst on right ovary there are doing same to me waiting to see if it shrinks but I'm uncomfortable I can't wait that long.  N I found out I have a uti too today. Ugh. Love being a woman. Any luck?? How r u feeling?? 

• Posted

No luck yet... I'm waiting till the 28th of Sept to see the gyno oncologist. They were waiting to see if it would shrink.... It hasn't..

I initially went in because each time I urinated there was a weird smell. I had no other symptoms. I had to go and that's when my gynecologist asked if I was pregnant...keep me posted ... when they give you the antibiotics for the uti make sure you take them all... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.