Went off Prozac (tapered) and feel great

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

i went on prozac 8 years ago for anxiety (more situational) with worry i stayed on it as my family had convinced me i needed it Almost all of my family (females) are convinced they need anxiety meds

i was on 20mg for 8 yesrs it helped at first but over time, it made me feel numb, i had less energy and blah

i finally talked with my PCP and decoded to try going off of it its now been almost 6 months and i feel so much better i have more energy now, like the old mei feel while it did help me at the time,its not something you have to stay on long term

i hope i continue to feel greatand wanted to encourage others to not be afraid to go off of it i tapered off over time and did not seem to have a lot of withdrawal symptoms please reach out with questions

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.