Went to ENT today...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well saw the on call ENT and founder of the clinic. I thought I was having bppv, now not today he said. He referred me back to my ENT because he is treating me and said it would be better for him to keep treating me and see what's going on now. So that was a waste of time.

I am so tired of this dizzy crap. I told my husband last night if they said we can take your dizziness away by chopping off your finger I would say do it. No one seems to know what this is and how to fix it. I've had this for 13 months and its rediculous. I know my anxiety is not helping but how can someone have dizziness most of the time and then have the sensations change and not be anxious. If it wasn't changing the sensations I mean them maybe I would be so worried that it's probably something worse then they think it is. I don't know what else to do, except see my regular ENT next week and hope for the best.

I don't want to take these meds but I may have to. I don't know why I can't believe this is my inner ear, I'm mean for goodness sake every time I move I feel like I'm dropping, if I Bend I feel it like I'm falling, after bending and standing up I feel like the room is swaying, the shower I feel like I'm bobbing, sitting I feel like I'm sitting on a ballon and going up and down. See what I mean every sensation is different every day. How can this be MAV? I don't know, hut I'm fed up with it

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with Vertigo. I was even hospitalized because at first no one knew. I understand your frustration as I continue being dizzy when I stand and walk. I feel great but the clogged ear and the pressure in head is so annoying. I haven't been able to work!

• Posted

I want to tell every body here who suffers from dozzines ,vertigo and panick attacks to check food allergy .
    • Posted

Thanks, I have often thought about this. That certain foods will trigger it.
    • Posted

Why dont you try gluten free diet for a while.at least 3 months.no caffeine or sugar and see if there will be any improvement .mine always get worse after gluten and caffine and sugar.
    • Posted

I don't do caffeine and sugar is rare for me. I'm not sure what it could be, since I'm not big on eating bread. But thanks.

• Posted

Hi Patty, forgive me if my suggestions are rather simple, or redundant! I am here on this forum today because of enough dizziness to make me afraid to drive! When you had blood work, where was your vit D level? You mentioned taking D3. I had no idea my dizzy drunk feeling was triggered by a D difficiency. There is some good forum info online re the dizzy D connection. It usually takes about 8 months to a year to feel completely improved after good Vit D therapy, for me it was around 7 months. I went to an alternative medical clinic for other treatments re my immune system and infection, and he quickly connected my D difficiency with heavy metals, specifically lead, because lead stores in the bones, and so Vit D depleted. My lead was off the chart. Did chelation and still take a good amount of Vit D3 a day. Also, a GREAT resource for through medical investigation I have found is through our local Naturopathic School of Medicine. They have a Primary care Physician working with a student and leave no stone unturned. Most shocking was that Cigna (my insurance) recognizes them as a legitimate medical group, IN NETWORK, with the 20/80% co payment! And even if you have no insurance, the costs are so low. I had iv vit C therapy at the alternative mefical clinic for $450 each treatment, but at the School, WITHOUT insurance is still only $100. By the way, thanks to your discussions here, I think my new dizzy problem here may be caused by sodium nitrate from the spam and bacon I ate the past few days, left over from a family camping trip! I know better, and normally don't even buy them!

• Posted

Hi Suzie

Thanks for your reply. Initially my vit d was 24, my endocrinologist he's my thyroid doc, he put me on 2000units a day and the secon test after 3 months was 37 then I tested again after 7 weeks and now it's at 41. So it's going up. I'm thinking about taking 4000units a day. I hope that's not to much. My b12 was low at the beginning but I took it for 3 months and it's now over 500.

Did they determine vit d was the cause of your dizziness? What was your diagnoses? Mine is MAV with possible mdds. I think the ENT thinks slight mdds because of the rocking sensations but from everything I've read rocking comes with any inner ear disorder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.