Went to the toilet after taking ventaflaxine

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi sori if it sounds disgusting..but I took my ventaflaxine and went to the toilet 30mins after taking them..would i need to take again..it was normal not dioreha..sori I'm just scared

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No you wouldn't need ti to take them again

• Posted

hi stacey84 I do remember reading about this not sure if it was on the forum quite a while ago .It said that it was not abnormal to see the tablet in the toilet and not to worry about it ,it takes roughly about 20 mins so I would not take any more and try not to worry about it I know that is a big ask when you are worrying about it try to accept it .xxxxxx

• Posted

If your venlafaxine is extended release then this is perfectly normal. The chemist explained to me that what looks like a tablet coming out the other end is actual the empty shell from which all the drug has leached put. So you don't need to worry.

• Posted

Hi. This occasionally happened when I was taking venlafaxine tablets and isn't anything to worry about. Hope that helps.

• Posted

Stacey,

don't worry about that - had you vomited within half an hour that would mean you have to try again - but these are normal bodily functions - no harm done xx

P.

• Posted

Um, you are supposed to take the tablets by mouth, not up your bum lol. They are not suppositories 😃

Or at least I don't think they are. You've got me thinking now...

• Posted

stacey did you ever take pristiq how long did it take to work. venlafaxine and pristiq capsule shells are not desolved in the liver the medicine is released and the rest of the pill passes through the bowels. don't worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.