Were you hospitalised with Sciatica ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Were you given a thorough examination with scans, and X,rays to check to see if your spine was out of wonk ? Reading the  information  from various sites, and the experts, seemingly if you are not checked over properly, it could be a guessing game as to what the problem could be, might be a totally different reason for pain. in back and legs and feet. ,,etc.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just noticed, my feet do look different, probably because of the way I am standing ON my sandals. At that time a Chiropractor told me one of my legs was shorter than the other, but I have no limp.

Ya know, one day we will be able to take x-ray selfies, hey you were the first to envision it!

And yes, swimming was recommended as therapy, but am an extremely poor swimmer. It was told to me that swimming reteaches the body to work in unison again. But if you feel pain, stop. "Don't work through the pain, but if it's just discomfort, gage yourself".

I initially asked if you live in Massachusetts (MA) U.S. because the 01135 in your username is a zip code in MA , a area I had visited over the years.

I know American and British humor and expressions can be very different. So when you mentioned you were going to attempt a shower and feared dropping the soap for fear of the pain to retrieve it..... "dropping the soap" in the States means something shockingly different. LOL

Weather you say?.... if it gets below 70°  here in Hawaii, it's cold to us. (and I'm originally from the Midwest U.S.). But, we can take high humidity.

Attached photo is a New Years selfie on FB that I sent my relatives back in Chicago where it's -17° . Annnnnd now they hate me.

Has there been any change in your pain level in the past two weeks? Like 1-10, 10 being "I'd rather be shot with a Klingon disruptor".

• Posted

Morning,,,, braced myself to go down for coffee. Strange thing,   I'm noticing things more now ,as soon as I wake ,the pain sets in  ,it's as though the brain tells the pain to start. I had to visit my G.P for a totally different reason, which turned out to be a fungal infection on my calf.. probably collected at one of my hospital visits .lying on a trolley for hours. I have asked if the beds are ever cleaned ,as there are some undesirables using them So,we ..me and him ,,did discuss my pain. he said I was walking good,, I did point out that he should see me first thing in the morning. At least I now know what is causing the pain,, I have

a displaced disc half way up my back,,which amongst other things is responsible for my right toe going totally numb. One good thing about  "the visit " I had to use the car,, first time for two weeks. doesn't seem a long time in writing ,but,,, what a relief ,,,like a belated Xmas present... PAIN.. have to say., it is reducing

from the hips,  but does go away  during the moving  around .calf ,is now the hurt zone  ,and does take longer to let go.   bit of an upside down situation ,,, pain when i get up.. no pain when I go to bed. Doc told me to start doing Pilate ,,,as if ,,,,, English expression for Sod Off.  I was given a tab, that does not take the pain away,,,true,, but it does stop messages to the brain to block the pain ,clever stuff from two tiny pills. 

Have to say that it does work ,suppose yo have different drugs in YOUR HOT CLIMATE    It iscalled

Nefopam Hydrochloride  30 mg    I also take Bromelain  and Magnesium. from my Vitamin stockpile  

You will have one leg shorter,, we all do .every one has a half inch difference one side of the body,,not enough to make you limp.. 

Weather forecast --snow, very cold and  -7 overnight, 

The photo ,,,, is ,not very revealing ,and not quite sure what sex you are ????

Your proper one looks a though you are wearing a long curly wig .... One of my long ago relatives was  a

pirate in the Caribbean . called Basil... you can Google him ,, wonder if he would show if you just tried Basil Buccaneer ??

The soap was no problem . Can only half imagine what your interpretation could be  .....

Question Time ..... did your pain start  hurting massively from day  1  ???

Did it get worse on a day to day basis ????

Did it stop yo moving at all ???

What did you do to get moving ????

My doc says it should only last  4-6-8 weeks don't know if the drug has to be taken after that 

Just had a peek through the curtains ,,oh gooood,,, it's raining ,,,, as it did yesterday,,, my window 

cleaner ,came yesterday !!!!!   

My Post Code-- AKA---   Zip code,, what a strange thing is that. was given to me by the people who run the forum ,,as,, I assume yours was,The name is my own.... As indeed yours is Ha Ha Ha Where do you keep .your harpoon, ???.     

Right enough already.... PLEASE answer the questions .on the why's and wherefore's .And, why isn't yours subsiding ?????

Jacqueline 

• Posted

Here I am with the pain scale,,,  started at "Want to Die ""in the Mornings, 4,, , rest of the day, zero.. So .I must be on the mend cheesygrin biggrin eek

• Posted

Question Time ..... did your pain start  hurting massively from day  1  ???

Did it get worse on a day to day basis ???? For me the pain was mild the first few days, I was able to work a week with it, then gradually it worsened

Did it stop you moving at all ??? I was still able to move but very gingerly. Crawling took weight off my back and hips. So I did that when in the house. I spent a lot of time in bed and not in a good way.

What did you do to get moving ????  I just attempted small movements over time. Looked for different positions that didn't hurt as bad as others. I use to be a right-side sleeper, now, I sleep on my back.

Sounds like you have a herniated or bulged disc which can heal. I had a herniated disc a couple times when I was in my 20's and 30's, healed up is a week or so. Just had to let rest and "reset" so to speak. But it does sound like you are on the mend.

What's in a name.... My dad was nicknamed Harpo, after Harpo Marx of the Marx Brothers. (so my Family had the name before Oprah used it as her production company's name) I became Harpy as a baby and toddler, then just plain Harp as a teen. I fancied the ladies when entering the work force as an 18 year old and my close friends began calling me Harpoon..... because of my..... considerable.... and precise......ah,   method of engaging with them.

Pirates of the Caribbean were very successful here in the States and I adapted that Jack Sparrow as part of a business. A little side business I have is impersonating movie and television characters. This depends on how I age. In my 40's I had a full head of hair. Now, I'm afraid it's aliens and Walter White, or some robot where I wear I mask. Yes all the attached pics are me at different stages over the years. I love doing Heisenberg in Las Vegas.

• Posted

hello... did no one ever tell you that "Self praise is no recommendation.""

Your ZIP,, over here ,it's what we use to fasten pants. 

I had a go at the CAT manoeuvre when I was on my hands and knees for something entirely different.

I was surprised as it didn't hurt, heard a bit of crackling,but  nothing else. a friend who has been through the Sciatica scene , told me to be careful and not get a hair ball. !!! bit difficult,, as I don't have a moggy.

think you have misunderstood my Pirate Info.. Basil really is/was a proper relative from a couple of centuries ago. 

You should have put a pointer on your favourite swapper. .

Car booked in for next Tuesday for M.O T,, I assumed I would be up and running by then .well .a little bit faster than now.. Mornings are still a bummer,wonder where the  off button is to turn the pain off..

I sleep on my back,,in saying that ,I start off there but wake up on my right side .Can't use the left side,

as I have a torn tendon in the shoulder, which takes a long recovery time. plus,, I am left handed   .so, can you have an op on your spinal bits that are out of wonk ???so you can carry on with your ""engaging ""hobby ??without toooooooooooooooooo much pain ?? 

some drastic side effects to the tab I am on, but i told the doctor I would be brave,and take it , for now, 

Hope this pill popping isn't permanent Are you on strong stuff ?

Do you live within beach reach ?? I get withdrawal symptoms  for the sea. . I lived  in Southern  Ireland for 15 years .and only a 5 minute drive from superb beaches I used to ride on the beach where they filmed The Saving of Private Ryan.. Stephen Spielberg's wife  came to ride. They actually stopped us riding across the beach where they were filming.  O.k man with No Name, . I keep thinking it's Friday ,must have lost one day to the pain   As If !!!!!   

• Posted

Yes, I am able to continue my "hobbies" with little pain. 90% of that Coplay activity in charitable work. Couldn't do it a year ago, but pain has decreased over that time.

I'm 7 miles from a beach but have not had the time to get there. Unfortunately work, home repairs and vehicle  maintenance have me drained by the end of the week. I'm content to watch StarTrek reruns on the BBC.

Anyway, I'm off to a long stint of work. I am just now getting off of a 2 week winter break from school. Mr. Harpoon will return to the classroom reenergized.

Here's hoping you continue to mend and your pain level subsides daily.

Aloha from way, way across the pond.

• Posted

Me and my ""I'm Doing good "" . pain came back big time last night, awake  ALL  night. and half of today, 

Shame for you to be so near to the beach,and no visits,,,   whatever !!

Back to the grindstone for you ,Pain free hopefully ...Stay vertical lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.