Wet ones

Posted , 4 users are following.

There are two active antibacterials benzalkonium chloride and benzethonium chloride which one works best for blepharitis?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

In the USA  I use Benzethonium Chloride Wet Ones. They have 0.3% antibacterial agent in them. They come in a red  and white package. They have worked well for my eyes.  Recently I have had a flare up.  First one in 4 years. I am in south Florida and think the Saharan Dust and Blue Green Algae bloom may have caused this flare. Went back to using Wet Ones 4 X a day. Will see if that stops it.
    • Posted

I have both of them Walgreens has Nice antibacterial wipes with benzalkonium chloride .115% I'll have to give both of them a try see which one works the best

• Posted

It's the second one Lardy. For some reason a very illusive ingredient in any otger antibacterial product. AND found only in the Red, more recently a dark hot pink version, WET ONES ONLY.

You might want to try a drop or two of teatree oil mixed into a dab of baby shampoo as a morning and night time ritual once you achieve a maintenance level of this blight of a disease. It's been very effective for many blepheritis sufferers.

Good Luck.

• Posted

I'm here in the states you're probably in England and I can get both the Wet Ones I get to Walmart and the ones with benzalkonium chloride I get at Walgreens I don't know if Walgreens exist in England. They are marketed under their own brand name. Nice

• Posted

I'm in New York City, Lardy. Have had this condition more than two years and have tried everything (have a jar of Manuka Honey from New Zaeland on standby for my next flare-up -- then I will have tried everything). I have read consistently that the red Wet Ones are the best and some say the only ones that are effective. If you are embarking on the recommended three-month program that, for some, can cure this condition why fool around with any other. I bought tge yellow container of Wet Ones once and they brought very litgle relief. I now use tghe red ones twice a day and wash with tea tree oil baby shampoo morning and night, without fail, and am able to control the seemingly rampant proliferation of the bacteria.

Almost everyone has extenuating circumstances that prevent them from attaining success solely on the recommendations of others.

You must find, unfortunately through trial and error, which protocols work best for you.

Best of luck.

Agnes

• Posted

The two antibacterial compounds books similar.. when I got some emails from others I thought they misspelled it until I found out there are two of these benzene Compounds.. I'll go with the herd and use Wet Ones

• Posted

I guess try using less of it... I have a tea tree oil blend here but it doesn't burn my eyes I don't use it because the Wet Ones work just fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.