wet ones for blepharitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been using wet ones for treatment of my blepharitis for three weeks now and although I no longer get chronic dry, swollen, inflamed, gritty eyes, in other worst of it has gone, and I follow up with eye drops each time, I still have soreness and grittiness in one eye in particular, which is irritating, sadly wet ones are not a FULL rememdy and I was hoping they would be.  Fiona

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I ve had the opposite.

in desperation, I tried the Wet Ones, they made my eyes 100% worse and I ended up in Eye Casualty. 

Please just be very cautious if you are going to try gem. I followed the instructions here, cutting each into 8, wrapping around finger so only the tip touched my eye margin. By Day 2 I had swollen, inflamed yes, sore beyond belief, blurred vision. Far worse than they were before I tried them.

so fed up with this miserable condition which seems to be ruling my life.

• Posted

Hi fiona

ive been treating my blepharitis with the wet ones in the red packet for about 8 week now & my eyes are so much better.

within the first 4 weeks I had several flare ups but I think the key is to stick at it for the full 4 months.

i hope you have success because I know how horrible blepharitis is.

good luck Fiona 

jon

• Posted

Hi Fiona

My Consultant told me to put a few drops of baby (tearless) shampoo in some warm water and with my middle finger very gently wipe round the edges of each eye twice.  This is working extremely well for me.  Try it, it might help.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline, I have heard of this one but don't feel its advisable as when much younger and used baby shampoo and whenever it got in my eyes it really stung, so actually applying it, don't feel happy, but someone else on here said the wet ones may take up to four months to really get on top of it so I'll keep on with them I think Fiona
    • Posted

Hi Fiona 

My lovely Mr Johnson said always get tearless baby shampoo, and even when I apply it a bit too close to the eye it doesn't sting at all.  Still we all have to use what works for us don't we.  Hope you get relief soon, it is a very nasty condition isn't it?  

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hey. I m new to this forum.I had bleparritis for 3 yrs on and off.tried all the ointments and drops. doctors were not very helpful as they said just clean the area and put drops and ointments, even though it was not working.tried WET ONES but unfortunately that did nt work as well.Then someone told me about the lady in birmingham(which is quite far) ,she have her own clinic of herbsl medicine.so in short she send me medicine and i m using it from nearly 4 weeks and no itching or crust .all the swelling is gone .such a relief.its a bit costly (£25 plus consultation fee)but at the end it was worth of trying.just sharing my experience as it might help someone else as well. ,The lady name is bushra and telephone no is 0121 687 8788.....07538 521796.you can goggle her as well.(BUSHRA herbal clinic)...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.