What a horrible pill!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks,

I have always had borderline bp and stress and anxiety has played a role in my situation. I had a bit of depression lately and for the past 4-6 months my diet has been very poor and I blame myself for this.

I started getting a headache 1+ week ago and went to Er and I hate going there and my BP was around 170/93. I am scared of the ER and I was scared of the headache and my bp is never good in those places. They checked me out and then let me go home. The next day my headache was still there and I was very scared and stressed and I checked my bp and it was worst. I ended up in the hospital and then I was given a mirage of BP pills and They started me on CARDENE. I was in the hospital for 3-4 days and I was checked out for everything.

On my 2nd day in the hospital they started me on Amlodipine. Each time I take this pill I feel spaced out/lightheaded for at least 15 minutes.  This pill gives me a weird feeling, i feel like I am detached from this world. Things feel odd mentally on this pill. It has brought on some fear, anxiety as well that is pretty constant with this pill.

I live alone, so this is pretty bad for my Situation.  I was given 5mg of this med in the hospital for 3-4 days. I came home and took the 5 mg for another 2-3 days. The anxiety, fear and mental abouse this med has given me was driving me crazy. I decided to stop taking the 5mg yesterday. I stopped taking it for almost 24 hours and the hell this pill was unleashing. My head was such a mess and my BP had rebounded pretty bad.  I hate this med and want to get off it real bad. I do not want to touch BP pills. The side effects are horrible. Only problem is that this pill has been in my system for 4-6 days.

So I cut my pill in half and took a 2.5 mg dose. I still feel the anxiety and detachmement and mental weirdness.

Are all BP pills suppose to add anxiety, paranoia and a spaced out/detachment feeling? I am going to my dr tomorrow and requesting another pill.   Can you folks possibly recommend some other pill that does not affect the mind so badly(anxiety,stress,fear,paranoia,spaced out/weird feelings) and has less side effects than Amlodipine.

I am very young and don't need for these pills to ruin my life and not make me productive. 

TY

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’ve never reacted to blood pressure medications in this manner  until I  taking Amlodipine.  You should do better on something else like an ACE inhibitor or Beta Blocker. I’ve had success with Benicar, Bystolic, and Losartian Potassium.  
  • Posted

Hi folks,

i just took magnesium + calcium. Is this bad for this pill? I guess this is a calcium chain blocker pill, did i damage my system by taking those 2 vitamins? I took a 500mg calcium pill....and i took a 250mg magnesium...if so what can i do to reverse what I just did....ty

• Posted

I wouldn’t worry about the magnesium.  I’m not sure about the calcium though. I’ll try to google it.
  • Posted

This is my progress report -

I was on 5mg for 5 days and i tried cold turkey and it was very hard for me and scary.

i got on 2.5mg for 2 days. I cut to 1.25mg yesterday. My Bp has been lower and lower. I never really had a BP issue, it was anxiety, fear of being in a DRs office and I took a pill to reduce my stress and it sky rocketed my BP.

Since my BP is lower and I have my anxiety/stress in control now (much much better than before). If I stop taking this med after my gentle weening, is this going to harm me? I am taking no other meds, just daily vitamins and fish oil.

Ty

My BP - way lower compared to when i was even on the 5mg of this rotten pill...

• Posted

Hi foks,

i wanted to give an update on my situation. I stopped taking my pill last night at 8 pm, its been a little over 24 hours now.

I have totally revamped my diet and eat habits this past week as well. as of right now I had a bp of 123/67 and a pulse of 62.

I am relaxing more and taking my daily vitamins. The diet` has been changed and im already down 6 lbs and im at 139 lbs , i use to hover around 145-147 with fast foods and foods that were not healthy.

I am talking to a counselor in regards to life and stress and anxiety.

All of this has helped me to not get back on BP meds. I hope you folks take care of yourselves and avoid pills if you don't really have to.

Bless you all smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.