what a night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well i have managed to keepmy fibro at bay well keep the pain down to 5 out of ten then wow did i have a massive flare up last night the pain was so severe that i couldnt feel my body from neck down,i knowi loosethe feelings in legs alot andget alot of numbness in my legs and hands but last night was new to me i was parylisedfor twenty minutes and the pain was unbareable boy did it scare me whenthe pain sarted get worsei doubled up on painkillers can anyone please tell me if this has happened to them my legs and back are weak today and sore but working okay  

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cherl

Yes, it does happen.  Fibro is a painful condition and it's not so easy controlling the pain.

Gentle Hugs and hope you have a better night tonight. biggrin x

• Posted

Hi their Bee

Many thanks for reply im glad in one way its not just me that gets them butyet again i wish nobody would get them pain back undercontrol today apart from hands but cant win all ways love and best wishes  Cherl

• Posted

Hi Cherl

I'm just waiting to get A good night sleep.  Haven't had one in over 20 years due to the pains.  But I am patient and learning the breathing techniques, so hopefully soon I can report on a good night sleep. biggrin

• Posted

Hi their Bee your not alone their i havent slept through the night in over 25 years i oftenget by on just 1 hours sleep a night due to pain, because your body relaxes and then more pain seeps in so what i have been doing know is trying to push myself to the max during the day so im so tired and now i tend to take extra pain relife at night and i find in the last month i know get 3 hours good sleep a night, so i wish you well if you do start getting better nights let me know and ill give it a go all the best

cherl xxx

• Posted

Hi Cherl

Thanks! I will keep you posted with my sleep if it improves with the breathing techniques. wink

• Posted

Hi Cherl

Thanks! I will keep you posted with my sleep if it improves with the breathing techniques. wink

• Posted

hi their Bee

yes do keep me posted please

best wishes

cherl

xxx

• Posted

Those flair  ups are horrendous, really feeling for yo Cherl....I have had shockers, but with other symptoms......but when I stressed about them it just got worse...such a bad cycle isn't it? Hope your much better today,,have a wonderful day Cherl..be blessed..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi their Christine

Many thanks for reply i have never been so scared in my life i tought this is it going to be parylised but glad it didnt last long today my pain is back under control apart from my hands but i can cope with thati just try to keep busy as much as possible so i dont seize up, so i have hoovered done the didhes and loaded my machine for first load of the day and ive dusted and now i feel achy all over but if you want a job done properly my moto is do it yourself as hubby cuts corners

well i hope your ok love and best wishes 

cherl

• Posted

Hi Cherl

I agree when it comes to getting things done. Best to do it oneself. Husbands do tend to cut very large corners when it comes to them doing things that is not their norm.

Try and break up the jobs in the day with taking a break even if it is for 10 mins between the jobs.

My hands used to swell up really badly in my early stages of my pains and my hands used to freeze while peeling vegetables. I used to find holding a pen very painful too.  We just have to train ourselves to live a mans life once in a while a tackle one thing at a time ! wink

• Posted

Soo glad the pain is back under control Cherl...there's nothing worse..for sure...just arrived home, we went out for lunch...I guess I've had this for soo many years...I can cope well enough at times..lunch out was lovely. Then when we arrived home there was a dosen long stemmed red roses at the door....feeling a bit  blessed here...... daughter and son-in-law bought them, because we looked after grandson for 2 nights, (2 1/2 yr old and very good) while they flew to the mainland  and on business...it was already a blessing having him..then viola double blessing...have a lovely day...and hope the breathing technique is giving you some quality sleep..it was just reveloutionary for me...be blessed Cherl...:-) xx 
    • Posted

Hi their hun glad you were able to injoy your grandchildren and that and those beautiful red roses well im due to have my sons 4 children on the 13th of this month for a few days my problem is we are in the middle of packing up the home and getting ready to move and we allknow that can cause major stress and aggravate the fibro so im hoping i can keep it back down and gentle while this is going on still not sleeping but i think thats just me well love and best wishes 

Cherl xxxx

• Posted

hi Bee i do give myself breaks and like you get alotof troble holding pens and that but im sure ill get there 

love always

Cherl xxx

• Posted

Wow, that's a challenge Cherl..4 grandchildren and packing to move...I've only got the one in this state..and he's 2 n.1/2 good little boy too..but more than enough for us..mm...have a great time with them..it is precious for them and you..do hope you manage it with not too much hassle..be blessed..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi their thanks will try to enjoy as best as im able to and wishing you and family a happy easter 

love always cherl

• Posted

Happy Eastertime to you too, have a great weekend..be blessed...:-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.