What a rough few weeks...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you’re having a good week and that we are all seeing small improvements in our health. 

What a rough few weeks. The emotional toll of feeling better than worse again really got a hold of me. I was a crying and panicking mess. 

Question: did anyone have any kidney or liver involvement? I had urine sample taken in November and now in March showing leukocytes, ketones, and some blood (not visible to naked eye) but no bacterial growth in culture ?! I had awful flank pain last two months on one side. 

Also my liver feels swollen my right back and front .. having a sharp pain on the inside of my right shoulder blade... 

Thanks guys. I am thinking of you and hoping you are hanging in there emotionally and physically. 

smile hugs, Van 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Van,

During the virus when I had blood tests done, my liver function test showed as being slightly off quite a few times. I think that must be normal for the virus seeing you say that it's happening with you too. It did get better though and return to normal as I improved, so just want to reassure you of that.

Just take it easy when you have these pains, must be so difficult to manage I know, definitely thinking about you too and I still believe you are going to get there, if it takes a bit of time yet don't panic because you're through the worst 5 months, better times ARE ahead.

Craig

• Posted

My liver enzymes spiked when I was first infected. It took about 3 and a half months for them to all come back to normal. I am still Dealing with the other symptoms of Mono. Fatigue, Nausea. Stuff like that. I'm almost 5 months in to this adventure. 

• Posted

Hi Don,

Just want you to know that there is life after mono - after 5 months I was so weary and done in, felt terrible like wasn't making any progress - but that progress does come and it is normal for you still not to be feeling great at this point, so try not to panic (I know it's hard) and just remember this thing is running its course and your body resilience will come back to you given time - the period you have been through already is by far the worst in terms of intensity and really hoping things can settle.

You WILL get there, truly you will, from my experience of going through the same I do believe that, God heals trusting Him.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.