What about other herbal treatments?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Someone suggested tumeric to me, and they said that there is a product called cucumen that is a combination of tumeric and pepper, and that the pepper helps absorb the tumeric. I don't want to add a lot of additional products, but I heard of this from two different people. Does anyone know about this? I was doing well until I stood in line as I said earlier for about 20 minutes with friends waiting for a table in a restaurant. The next day I hurt from my neck to my toes. My hips are VERY sore and my upper back. It's lessening but very slowly. It's almost like the original flare up, and it just keeps hanging on.  Some folks add things like over the counter drugs, but what I've read just says that pred negates it. I also have gained about 4 or 5 pounds, and i don't want to go in that direction. I've worked hard to get off 40 lbs. Low carb is the only thing that works for me. If it isn't a fruit, veggie or protein then I should not have it, but I do give in like most of us do at times. This is not for sissies.

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Is there a certain time that is best to take the calcium with vitamin D? I have always taken it after I eat. 
    • Posted

Really just not at the same time as your pred - they can interfere with one another. If you take calcium/vit D that is in 2 tablets it is better to take them one at a time - the body doesn't absorb more than a certain amount at one time. And with a bit of fat for transport so with a meal is ideal.
    • Posted

I was told to not take calcium all at once, said body can "only" absorb 600 at a time. So I take 1/2 with lunch and 1/2 with dinner.  But who knows....
    • Posted

The bone supplement I take includes 900 taken in 6 tablets, (three doses of two).  I just take two at lunch, two with evening meal and two with a snack at bedtime. The bedtime one appears to have had the unexpected side effect of helping me get to sleep and stay there - quite remarkable for a lifelong mild insomniac!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.