what AD gos well with Lithium please I'm desperate for help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all.. Iv been on lithium for 3 years with not any problems it's stablised my moods never have any manic episodes anymore..my problem is trying to find a AD that's works with it. In the uk to don't have many options my pdr tells me I was on sertraline for 2 years didn't do anything apart from make me yawn alday long especially in bright lights ...then mirtazapine the side effects were unbelievable. .Iv been on venlafaxine since March my last dose as upped to 225mg 3weeks ago.. I'm still very low with no motivation at all ..finding really hard to look after myself never mind the house. I just want to go to bed & never wake up ..please any info would be most grateful. . Thankyou

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I too am bi polar and take lithium, aripiprazole and for my antidepressant take citralopram, which I found suits me. Have been in the same boat with the depression. It takes time for the tablets to work, so hang in there it will get better.

Lou x

• Posted

Thankyou ..I asked for citrolpram the pdr replied we dnt have much use for it here & put me on venlafaxine. . But before she put me on mirt she said couldn't put me on venlafaxine because I have really bad racing thoughts to the point I have to shout out shut up to stop it. I feel let down by her like a piece of rubbish blown in off the street . I dnt leave the house anymore & have to take zopiclone too to sleep .. don't feel like I'm living at all .. ??x

• Posted

Hi, things will get better in time. I was hospitalized with bi polar and thought I was never gonna get better, but am back at work now. Took a while for the meds to kick in, but they did. Lou x
  • Posted

Well, great news: genetic testing can help!!! They can test you and say which drugs work with your genetic type! Here in the U S it's free. They take Medicare and no additional charges.

I just got tested. And the drug I'm on was one that works on me! So I'm good!

I take Prestiq. And some ritlyn. Or how ever you spell that. For focus.

Rox in oregon

• Posted

Thanku rox that gives me so hope .. even if I have to pay.. big cuts here on mental health ..no money coming in at all. I believe they give us the cheapest drugs 1st .. I feel like writing a letter of complaint after this relapse caused by the pdr bt now shes pt me on more drugs that 3months earlier said they wouldn't be could for me.. bt prob a waste of time whose gona listen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.