What am I?

Posted , 7 users are following.

not been out my house in like 4 years now, maybe less or longer can't even remember.  I am scared to go to the toilet, i am scared to take a bath or a shower i am scared to go down stairs, i am scared to drink, beer, tea, coffee and soda i am scared of everything. heat wave is here in the UK  and i am terrified to keep my windows opened so keep them closed all day and suffer more.  I can't go out to see someone to help me and i can;t go to my drs here in Scotland seems no one does house visits there is pretty much no support.   I have been on fluoxetine for like 3 years now nothing and i was given mirtazapine but my stupid mind stopped em from properly giving them ago cause i am the most paranoid mental case around. Thought about ending it many times  but too much of a coward but what good would that do int he end and top it off the worse is my fear of breathing i am a complete nut job no support just rotting by each day in the premises of my own home like a prison will i ever get better at this moment and time over the years nope.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Rossg

I think the NHS Information Line is the same as the UK, Tel 111.

If you are stuck you need to talk to your GP and He will arrange a treatment pathway for you. We are located in England, So I am not sure regard house calls in Scotland although depending on where you live I would think your GP would visit as required.

How do you get your medications

BOB

• Posted

You are not a complete nut job u r ill and need too see a doctor asap please do this x
  • Posted

I am so sorry your going through this.  How awful for you.. I don’t know if you believe in God but if your willing,  he could help. All else has failed so what do you have to lose right?  I have major depression and anxiety all the pills only help a little..a few months ago I accepted Jesus as my savior and I reach out to him all day long I just talk to him as I would a close friend. He helps me so much..all I know is after I said these words ( I accept Jesus as my personal savior) and cry

out to him he will bring you relief..just try it and see what happens..sometimes it’s immediate..sometimes it happens gradually...I will be thinking of you in my prayers

• Posted

Hi Rossg you have said something really important, you don't want to die but your post is saying your to scared to live because at the moment you are definitely not living, as you say you are existing.

What exactly are you scared of regarding all the things you can't do.

What do you think will happen? If you can explain that then maybe someone can help, I truly understand your acrophobia, my Mum suffered with it for 17 years before she died and on her death bed she told me she had wasted her life.

Do you know what triggered it

• Posted

What triggered it i got no clue went through many things from bullied from primary to high school then struggles in college but go through that had a drinking issues when was in college but once i finished i quit drinking and it pretty much hit me hard with this fear not being able to breathe fear being outside then alt eh fears i have now so many things have happend 
  • Posted

Thank you for all your replies much appreciated
    • Posted

That's a clear case of agrophobia, it is possible to get over it but you really need help to do this, have you had any form of therapy to try and get you past it.

There are lots of treatments out their and one thing I can tell you is that most people who suffer this incapacitating illness can get over it, most take baby steps but the first one is the hardest, doing one of the things you dread and realising that it want kill you, I promise

• Posted

Yes will try start taking those small steps it's scary but needs to be done for sure

• Posted

Good luck and remember most of us have been their so help is always available here so never feel like you're on your own

• Posted

I'm sorry, your condition is critical. You need to turn to God for help every day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.