What Am I Doing??!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I was tums that i had pcos several months ago. I've never liked into it, school and laziness is why though is a terrible excuse. Recently, ive really started to notice how bad it is. My face is breaking out extremely and feels as if no matter what i do, is not clearing up. My chest and back are full of acne and acne scars. I honestly don't know where to start. I have to visit my gyno, but i keep hearing how the gyno barely helps or give information. Any help would be great!

Chacha

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You should still see a doctor. They help to some extent, and you need them if you want to be put on the pill or some other treatments. The main thing to do is ask your doctor about a healthy diet for PCOS such as a low GI diet. They might be able to give you some information. And gentle exercise is best like walking, swimming and yoga - because they also help reduce stress. Diet and exercise should help with your acne. good luck.
    • Posted

Definitely right. See an ob first, with the right medication you can prevent/ stop your acne. Then go to a dermatologist. It’s no use just treating your pimple first, it will just come back over and over again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.