What Am I Entitled To Claim

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im Currently Awaiting A Tribunal Date As Got My ESA Stopped Due To A Missed Medical And Because Of This Im Not Entitled To Claim Any ESA While Waiting For The Tribunal To Take Place Im Also Not Well Enough To Claim Jobseekers Allowance At Present As I Couldn't Meet Their Criteria Of Seeking Work Due To Mental Health Problems Which Have Got Worse Since I Lost My Mum At End Of Last Year After Caring For Her For 5 Years Firstly Through Cancer Then COPD I Did So Much To Help The Government And Saved Them Thousands But Since Her Passing I've Been Constantly Hassled I Now Have Bills Piling Up As Had No Benefits Since 2nd March Can Anyone Suggest What I Can Do As Am At My Wits End Living On Handouts And Having To Pay For Prescriptions For Tablets I Need Each Day For Depression And Gout

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ask the DWP or Jobcentre for a hardship payment. They should have told you about it. If you pay rent, apply to the council and put zero income. Sorry I don't know more. Jobcentres are not very helpful.

• Posted

Hi Lee,

I'm sorry to hear this. Sadly you won't be able to claim a hardship payment because you're not surrently claim any benefits. They found you fit for work so JSA was your only option and because you couldn't full fill the agreement you havent claimed it. This means you're not entitled to a hardship payment from JSA. The same goes for ESA because they founf you fit for work (IE you missed your assessment) you can't claim assessment rate now because of this. This means that you can't claim hardship payments for this either. Have you thought about claiming PIP (DLA replacement) if you don't already claim it that is? The only problem with this is it can take a long time and it's not guaranteed either. There really isn't anything you can do i'm afraid. Do you live alone? do you rent your home. I'm sorry but there really isn't any good news i can tell you about getting some money. Maybe you should give CAB a ring to see if they can help you at least get your ESA reinstated once the Appeal Tribunal has been logged.

• Posted

Yes I Live Alone So Have Little Contact With Anyone Most Days And Because Of A Lack Of Money I've Got No Credit Now On My Phone To Ring Anyone About My Situation. The Rules Are Too Black And White Because I Couldn't Make My Medical Im Fit For Work Every Dr I've Seen Says Im Not At The Moment And What Really Galls Me Is I Never Had Chance To Grieve For My Mums Loss As The DWP Were At Me Straight Away And Now I'm So Much In Debt And Haven't A Clue When My Tribunal Is Going To Take Place Its A Disgrace That People Are Thrown Into The Gutter And Left With Nothing

• Posted

It's terrible yes but they will find you fit for work if you fail to attend the assessment. It would have been better if you rang them before to tell them why you couldn't go. If you had sought advice back when they found you fit for work then you could have clained JSA but give a sick note for an extended 13 week period while you wait for your MR decision. That's too late now though. I'm sorry but i don't know what else you can do but wait for the Tribunal date.

• Posted

That's the way it is at the moment I'm afraid.  I am sorry you are going through so much and I agree it is totally wrong. 

Like Denise said you can claim for housing benefit if you pay rent and also a council tax rebate.   As far as prescriptions go you can fill out a form HC2 I think and you should be able to get them at a greatly reduced rate.  Have a look at the Govt UK site for more info.

If you can get yourself to the Jobcentre for an interview then you can ask to see the disability advisor.  You can also get a letter from your doctor detaiing what sort of jobs you could maybe do and the hours.  This will give you some protection. 

As long as you follow the JCP guidelines and apply for jobs etc.  then you will be ok.   If it's like my area you probably won't get any interviews anyway and you can apply for jobs online so you can do it at home.  At least then you will have an income coming in for the time being.  If you can't attend at all then I don't know what to suggest I'm afraid. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.