What are complications from hormonal creams?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I live in France. I have Lychen sclerosis. Hormonal cream may cause severe irritation of the mucous membranes of the vulva? Please share your personal experience.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria. LS was my mom for about 20 years. First the doctor prescribed Ovestin her. This cream didn't fit. He did mucous membranes similar to the "boiled meat". The doctor said it was allergies. Then she was treated. Sat a few days in a warm bath with a decoction of the herb calendula. She was getting better. Then she began to smear the vulva of goose fat to avoid cracking. Also used Methyluracilum — a drug that improves tissue trophism and stimulating the regeneration process.

• Posted

Depending on the kind of hormonal cream you are using.  There are different kinds.

​The first one I got drove me literally nuts.  The second kind I received via my nature path is much better. 

• Posted

I have never used hormone creams or steroid creams. I changed my diet (cut out wheat and sugar) and moisturize with coconut oil. It's been "quiet" down below for almost a year. My first flare up was October 15, 2015 -- a year ago this month. Change in diet I think was a major factor in turning it around.

• Posted

I live in the USA but I found the estrogen in an oil base was better for me personally.  Its a brand put out by Naturally Better  It containes safflower oil (high in vit E) and primrose as well as others in addition to the estrogen.  When I put a link they remove my posting but you can Goggle it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.