What are fibro headaches like?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I don't know what these headaches are I just know they are not migraines as the drs are putting them down as. They are so different to the chronic migraines I've been having for over 10 years, they are not responding to any treatment and my symptoms are completely different it's so frustrating! I have been having daily headaches which start at the back of my head on the left side where your head and neck meet. This comes over my head and into the front of my head and behind my eyes like a big pressure. If I tilt or lay down my ears and eyes feel like they are going to burst the pressure is so full. Joint pains particularly in hips and knees, fatigue (probably from lack of sleep) cold feeling inside bones. Had an mri of head, neck and spine and it was clear.

I am just trying to get my life back so any point in the right direction would be great. Thank you Xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello RachRoux. You poor thing. They are so very debilitating....you mentioned you suffered migraines previously? Was just wondering if hormonal for you? I have suffered migraines for years but lucky for me would 9nly get them 6 to 7 times a year. (Always headachy tho) but in the last 6 months for me guaranteed at the beginning or end of my cycle i swear i am having the monstorous migraine ever, it leaves me useless for 2 to 3 days. Its very different to "normal" migraines. Mine is always on right side. Have had a ultrasound on right neck and dental xrays as the pressure in my jaw is almost unbearable. Just wasnt sure if same as you with the menstrual cycle?????

Warm Wishes xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Kylie not sure why it didn't post but I replied a few days ago and I just noticed it hasn't done it but I'm new here so I've probably done something wrong! Oops. My migraines are not linked to my periods no I actually don't have periods anymore as I had to have a coil fitted due to ovarian cysts causing heavy bleeding and the mirena coil stops your monthly cycle which I'm wondering....could that be an option for yourself if the migraines are linked to your cycle? The only links I have found for my migraines are changes in weather, artificial sweeteners, flashing or bright lights and strong smells. Xx

• Posted

Awww power to you for knowing what triggers your migraines. Thats fantastic that you are so aware of yourself/body. Funny that you mention the coil. That was kinda the first thing in my 'fibro' journey that went. When i started getting alot of weird symtoms myself and a friend were adament i had toxic poisening of some sort from the coil (weird rashes, sweats, fatigue ect) so i got it taken out after a year of having it. Which was a relief at the time....thankyou so much for the suggestion as i have never considered anything like that for my migraines?? might have to look into it xxxxxx have heard a collagen injection in the neck can relieve migraine for a few months???? Maybe considering?????? Thanks again. Wishing you deep breaths and relaxation?? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

It's always better to be safe and get these things taken out if you were worried about them at the time. I'm not sure if the coil could work for your migraines but it could be worth looking into with your doctor. I've had migraines since I was a kid so lots of diaries keeping check of when I get headaches has made me quite good at spotting my triggers but it's just these new headaches I have no idea where they come from they are just relentless and ever single day! My neuro has approved botox is that the same as collagen injections? I'm just waiting for an appointment for that to be done I really hope it works as no meds are responding and after just being weaned off the last med pregabalin which I found really awful I feel too weak to start any more I don't think I could cope with the symptoms right now. Thank you for your kindness. Sending positive energy your way Xx

• Posted

hi..i have fibro tension headaches in direct relation to my stomach. the first time was on proton pump inhibitors, second time was because of food poisoning, third time was anti -biotics. the headache will last for months. i am still trying to find the answer..i am wanting to get some neurotransmitter testing done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.