What are some at home treatments that help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Like otc medicines, ointment, sprays, lotions, oils, vitamins, supplements, anything that helps prevent, soothe, heal, clear up, flare ups? I was just diagnosed and I want to try to do whatever I can to try to manage my HS. I just have the lumps at this point, no drainage or open areas. Bit I still would like to be prepared just in case that changes.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Clindamycin Lotion (not soln) helps with my hidradenitis. I usually apply it when I feel a bump coming. It helps for sure.
    • Posted

Can I use the clindamycin foam? My insurance is really funny about which clindamycin type they cover.
    • Posted

You know I really don't know. Check with your doctor. I don't recommend the solution though because it smells like alcohol. Imagine putting alcohol on an opened wound.. ouchhhhh!!!!! sad

• Posted

Tumeric supplements, zinc supplements and a zinc and menthol salve/cream for soothing if you get a stubborn open wound manuka honey. Nothing for curing it thus far however these are things that help me cope and the supplements seem to help lessen the flares. Look into avoiding night shades I have heard it works for some. Hopefully this helps!!

Sincerely, - C

• Posted

I take tumeric and l-lysine supplements

Tea tree oil helps too and salve to sooth the lunps but afcourse none of this is a cure!

• Posted

Also, I just learned also that Humira can help for moderate to severe HS. Not sure how it works and how it helps. I'll look it up later but just figured I would mention that and we could all look into it as a new option available.

• Posted

Humira and Remicade are both options! It takes about three months to notice a difference they say! I recently started remicade!
    • Posted

Yes I have tried Humira, hoping to try Remicade soon. Having some issues with getting insurance to cover it. Please let me know how it works out for you.
    • Posted

How has humira worked for u? Do u feel and see a difference?
    • Posted

Unfortunately, Humira didn't work for me and the sideffects were rough. I have stage three HS and my body aches all the time. I have heard feedback from others that it worked for them though so don't give up. Unfortunately I have developed sensitivities to alot of the meds and developed hives and severe swelling. I will find my cure though!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.