What are the benefits of increasing from 15 mg to 30 mg of Mirtazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am due to increase my dose from 15 mg to 30 mg this week, what are the benefits from this increase can anybody help me please.  I am feeling slightly better just now and again I feel shaky and tired around mid afternoon.  Still suffering from panic when I have to leave the house I have been agoraphobic for a few weeks now and when leaving the house I go into panic mode.  My GP gave me diazapam but they have all gone now and he won’t prescribe more because of the addiction.  Replies greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

30 mg is more stimulating. 15 mg is more for sleep.
    • Posted

Thank you I’m just worried about increased side effects given the time of the year don’t want to make myself I’ll by the increased dose. Had 6 weeks 50mg on sertraline which made me so ill with the sickness and vomiting.
    • Posted

Yes this medication doesn't agree with me at all does nothing to help me sleep either. I swapped off amitryptyline straight on to it not a good move by the doctor. To many side affects so sooner I try get off it the better.

• Posted

Hi I am taking 15mg Mirt for 18 days and like you feeling slightly better I am due to see my GP for review next week when I will have had it for 4 weeks.

I don’t think it HAS to be increased if you think that the dose you’re on is effective. I shall wait and see how I feel when I see my GP and what she advises.

Yes I also feel tired and shaky and a bit ‘strange’ mid afternoon. My anxiety has improved but still kicks in at times.This is tough isn’t it? I hope you have some good support.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm having to up mine to 30mg having terrible anxiety and not sleeping. I'm anxious all day the the moment. Taking 30 for the first time tonight. Is 30 still quite sedating and what is the best time to really take it. I thought all was well on 15, 7 months and my anx was back in full force!! Could not sleep took Zopiclone last 2 nights but my anx was hurrendous on a morning past 2 days. Any advice??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.