What are the best relaxation methods when giving up smoking

Posted , 4 users are following.

I gave up smoking a couple of years ago and was successful however last year I started again and the time has come to give up again....I am now on my second day without aids because they never really seem to help me but I am feeling anxious any ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When giving up smoking, you'll body will experience what we called as withdrawal syndrome and water fasting can be one of a good way to put your body in lax mode.  It will not just help you iliminate your smoking habit but as well as promote healthy way of living.
  • Posted

Well done you for giving up!!! I gave up smoking 8 years ago. Alcohol was my may trigger. I stopped drinking for awhile to help get over the initial cravings.

Here are a couple of things I tried to help pass the time when the need for a fag was to great. Also keeping my hands occupied was essential. I'd go for a short brisk walk with very light weights. I took up knitting and the Rubik's cube. I never got very far with the cubesad it became more frustrating than relaxing! I did end up with a wonderful new hobby!

Keep at it .... good luck!!

• Posted

I smoked for 40 years. I tried the patch, gum, pills and hypnosis. Nothing worked for me except the electronic cigarette. I know there are are people who say you are substituting one for another, but I felt relieved I was not inhaling hundreds of toxic chemicals. I am now off the nicotine and now use only non nicotine liquids that have a vareity of flavors. I have my energy back and going for long walks and am saving money that would be up in smoke !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.