What are the best scar creams for a c section open myomectomy??????

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's been 23 days since my open myomectomy and i'm not liking the way this scar is looking😒😓🤧. What creams works best and fast OR JUST WORKS PERIOD???????🤔🤔🤔🙄. Have any ladies had great experience with scar creams or bad experience??

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!😢🙌🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾THANKS. When can you start using cream after surgery?? not sure🤔🤷🏾. I Googled and these were the best

1. Mederma Advanced Scar Gel - 1x Daily: Use less,… ...

2. Mederma PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream… ...

3. ScarAway Professional Grade Silicone Scar… ...

4. Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 - Reduces… ...

5. Improved Medihoney Gel Wound and & Burn… ...

6 . Kelo-Cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel, 10…

Has anybody tried these?? 👆🙄

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I don’t think anything works very fast, they all take time. I’ve been using V50 scar cream for the last two weeks. I can’t see an obvious difference, but then I didn’t when I used bio oil for another scar last year. I’m just over 9 weeks post operative and it was the consultant that suggested that I used a scar cream of some sort. I was just going to let it do it’s natural thing as it healed. The consultant suggested it would look much better within a year if I used a cream. My fiancé bought me the cream in the end as I was just allowing things to be as they were. I wasn’t bothered too much about the scar as I can’t see it and never see it unless I’m in the bath. No one else sees it so it really didn’t bother me much. I was so happy that I could move around again and walk wherever I wanted too without thinking about taking a bag of clothes, pads, nappy sacks and wipes everywhere I went. I no longer have to take tablets for anemia and I’ve got so much more energy than I’ve had in a very long time. I started back to work part time this week and loved every minute of being back in an environment with other people instead of being home with no one to talk to all day. I’m not much help regarding the scar cream, but definitely be patient and which ever one you choose, use it everyday unless it says otherwise, I’m told it takes months for any changes to be noticed. Take it easy and rest as much as you can 😊

• Posted

Thank you i never thought about not having to take iron pills two or 3 times a day😊. I was patien till i saw my scar was looking thick😬. But i have an app on the 26 so i guess i just have to wait to then to ask the doctor. I can't wait either to start working😊🤗🙌🏾😧. I need to get out this house! So you don't feel tired, nauseated or any dizziness anymore well these were the symptoms i was having and heavy bleeding which i pray it's gone forever🤗🙌🏾🙏🏾. You don't feel tired at work??? or pain. I want to start working but I'm not sure my stomach still hurts espacially if I'm walking i get horrible back pains. I want to start working but idk. If I'm sitting it hurts if I'm moving around it hurts so basically a job that keeps me on my feet or a sitting job well hurt regardless. Hopefully when i reach 2 months post op I'll feel alot better. Did you feel any improvement in 2 months????

• Posted

I don't get much rest. It's hard to fall asleep😩😳 stay asleep😩😩😩. Doctor said they can't or won't😒 prescribe anything. Saying go see a psychiatrist to prescribe me some sleeping pills😒😤

• Posted

It was uncomfortable to sleep for the first few weeks I remember. I’ve also go a tear in my spine which added to the discomfort. But try a pregnancy cushion it might help to get comfortable enough to sleep even if in short bursts. Also try a hot water bottle around the scar area to ease the pain a little. I did this a few times and it was really good at relaxing things enough to get some sleep 😴 

• Posted

Thanks🙌🏾 for the idea i will defiantly try the hot water bottle🤗. Tried sitting in a chair to watch a movies with the family but kept on getting really bad cramps😧 decided to walk it of for 21 minutes but after 30mins decided to call it a day go lay in my bed and watch tv😒 ALONE😬😤😧😦😞🤦🏾🙍🏾. Dis you dind it difficult to sit on sofas and chairs???

• Posted

tear in spine😲. How are you feeling? Sounds painful😕

• Posted

I couldn’t sit on the sofa for a few weeks to be honest. It was more comfortable to sit at the table. Make sure you get up and about every so often to keep moving. I also found that the discomfort eased by going to the toilet. It’s still a running joke about the amount of toilet stops I made during the first few weeks. I was out walking within five days of the operation. By two weeks I was managing to walk two miles. But like you say it tires you out quickly. So have a sleep if you can after walking. Or at least rest. Take it easy and slowly. It’s a bit lonely for a good few weeks, but just enjoy the calmness and focus on the end goal. Even just knowing how you felt before the operation and how you feel now, and how you’ll feel in a few weeks time will be a positive difference. I used to be tired all of the time and could hardly keep focused on anything, my energy levels were awful and having to remember to pack a few days clothes every day to use during each day was stressful enough on its own. Now I don’t even think about where I’m going. I just go. It’s such a free feeling and makes me feel more at piece with myself. I went for my first swim last week and realised how much I was missing exercising. I’ve only been able to walk for about six months which is frustrating. The fibroid was pushing against my spine and I couldn’t even walk down the corridor at work in the end. The tear in my spine was found by accident whilst having an mri which also showed the fibroid. I’m been advised to have an injection in my spine to help ease the pain, although I don’t think it’s going to be a long term fix. But if it helps me to get 100% back on my feet then I’ll be very happy. Get myself back to fitness again and then I will feel back to normal which I haven’t felt for over eighteen months. Good luck with your recovery 🌈

• Posted

Today makes 5 weeks and i feel better not 100 percent. I can seat in chair and getting in bed and out of bed doesn't hurt that much still hurts though. I haven't been doing much walking these last 4 days. Been taking care of my mom who been hospitalized😒 nor am i getting much sleep. Hopefully when she , if she gets released on the 26 i can go back to my walks again?. Well the pulling ever go away????? and the back pains???🤔🤔😔😕🤧

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.