What are the chances it's colon/rectal cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I am going to make this as short as possible. About two years I had a bad case of nausea for many months. Terrible dull and aching pain on the upper left side that radiated towards the back. I had an endoscopy done and a CT scan with dye this includes the one you drink. Tests came back negative! I figure it was probably anxiety. The pains have come and gone since then. About 6 months ago I tried a different doctor after getting sick from eating too much greasy food. X-rays showed I was constipated and poop test came back positive for H. Pylori. Took the meds and felt better. Now for the past month or so the same issues have come back. Nausea especially in the morning and after eating. I vomited a couple of times. I have constant dull aches upper abdominal area and on my left side. I have an issue with bowel movement and my bowels don't look normal including thin shaped and floating balls. I don't see blood but it doesn't look normal. I have another endoscopy and colonoscopy next month. I am really worried that they will find something this time. A different symptom I have compared to last time is terrible sciatica on my left side including pain on the tip of my penis. A recent MRI revealed minor herniated and degenerative L5 disk so I think this is the cause of sciatica but I've heard sciatica can be caused by colon or rectal cancer. If my symptoms were being caused by cancer in the colon or digestive system wouldn't the CT scan have caught it two years ago? Or even the recent MRI? I am also starting to wonder if I have an intolerance to certain foods. If it makes a difference I am a 32 year old male.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The problems you report could be caused by several things other than cancer.  I don't think anyone on here would be capable of providing any positive comment about the cause, none of us are medically trained.  You are doing the right thing by having a repeat colonoscopy and this is about the only way of showing or dismissing the possibility of having cancer.  I'm afraid that this is not offering much in the way of comfort in what must be an uncertain time for you.  The best that I can offer is that in the unlikely event  it does turn out to be cancer, this is not the end of the world.  Treatment these days is very effective.  I was diagnosed three years ago at the age of 77 and am now well into the post-treatment monitoring phase.  If an 'oldie' like me can get through it, a youngster like you should have no problems!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.