What are the chances of me having celiac disease?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My dr has told me I’ve got celiac after he did tests (symtoms severe fatigue, anxiety, migraines, stomach swelling after eating etc) the blood tests came back wirh the EMA test potentially abnormal Positive and TTG test above range 29.0 range (0.0-6.9) also very low folate and iron despite taking iron supplement and pharmaton for 6 months. . What are chances I am celiac? I have appointment with gastroenteritis next week.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi pinky, i think your doctors MUST send you for biopsies, coeliac disease is ONLY absolutely confirmed like this, the tests show whether the villi stand up or lie flat in your small intestine. if they lie flat you do have a huge chance of being a coeliac! i hope you get the correct answer quicker than me, if took me years!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.