What are the chances this will cause food poisoning?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last night I got some takeout, which included a small plastic container of chopped tomatoes....when I took the lid off I noticed some little bubbles and was a bit concerned but it smelled fine.

I was going to ask my girlfriend what she thought, but I got distracted and she ended up eating a spoonful of it before I could say anything and she said it tasted strange and "fizzy"

She tried to induce vomiting but could hardly throw any of it up, and now about 12 hours later she still seems to be ok but we are really worried...my understanding is it can't be botulinum because the container wasn't airtight, but what could this be? Is there anything to do at this point to mitigate possible illness?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

stay hydrated and will have to wait and see 48 hours clear should be OK, if you do become ill contact your primary healthcare professional but should all pass in 24 hrs if you do become ill.

• Edited

even if they were bad, if she gets sick from one bite, it'll be mild. i've had my share of food poisonings over the years & the worst i had lasted 2 days of cramps & diarrhea, but most were gone in a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.