what are the symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

What are the symptoms of Venlafaxine withdrawel. I did not take it for last 2 days although have taken it today. I have felt really nauseous no appetite, very low and wanting  to die.

i have had my first appointment with psychiatrist today, nothing really changed except medication stayed same to be referred for counselling and to see him again in4 weeks. Been told to pursue activities although I do voluntary work one day a week. I just don't feel like doing more.

just at the moment the stash of tablets look tempting but I know I won't do it as hubby is about.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Gosh the tablets dont sound like they where for you ,hope the councelling can help,dont even think about taking the tablets remember it is just a state of mind due to the tablets sad hang on in there smile

• Posted

Feeling low and wanting to die could be withdrawel and they are also symptons of your depression. Why did you stop taking them? Side effects maybe? Have you spoken to your husband? You're not alone and speaking to your husband will help. Also keep posting here if you need to talk.
  • Posted

Yeah, if the stash of pills look tempting then it seems that you're experiencing venlafaxine withdrawls similar to what I went through wink

I'm on day six of venlafaxine withdrawl, and finally took a 75 mg capsule yesterday morning (thursday, 1/29) and then another this morning because my irriatibility level was through the roof and I, too, continued to have thoughts about ending it -- it was more of a malodramatic thing based off of the ven withdrawl.

I tried going cold turky off ven and then weaning myself with diazepam, but it just makes it more difficult.

Since I have 75 mg time realease capsules I'm going to taper my ven by taking it every other day for a week, then every two days for a week, and so on.

From what I've read, ven is one of the worst antidepressants to withdrawl from. Typically withdrawl last around 1 1/2 weeks up to around 2 months, with extreme cases lasting longer (from what I've read).

Veritgo, night sweats, aches, brain zaps, nausea, tiredness, etc. are all side effects.

I fortuantely haven't experienced the brain zaps, so I can't tell you much about those...

• Posted

Thats it hun give yourself a realistic plan to get off them
    • Posted

I can't really because it was only yesterday the psychiatrist said to stay on them at the current dose. So I would be going against his advic, and then he will have a reason to discharge me as I would 't be complying with his recommendation. Any slight non compliance they can discharge you from the service. I have to see him again in 4 weeks. I must admit I didn't tell him I had not taken them for a couple of days. Thanks for speaking to me though it really does help. I do get upset and hurt when people don't respond or make contact. I know I do have a dependency on others and I have mentioned this to my old work colleagues some who are mental health nurses and they admitted they knew this, but still they don't contact me when they say they will.  Xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.