What are these?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had a protected ONS with lady I met. Exactly after a week I find the spots below penis head. When I touched them they popped with clear fluid they are very tiny and sensitive. Also, Lately I have been doing intensive exercise. Can anyone please help. Bit worried from yesterday.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

yes, this does look to be concerning. The broken skin are more like ulcers and what is around the head of the penis seems to be more vesicle like. Just because you've had sex recently does not mean you just contracted the virus. this virus can hide for week months and sometimes years before it shows it self. keep in mind 80% of people living with this virus do not know they have it. Also, the CDC does not recommend testing anyone unless they ask or have sign/symptoms while in the doctors office. the best thing anyone can do when it comes to this virus is to get tested. Swab tests are more accurate but a blood test will give you a good estimate for how likely it is that you have this virus. if you don't great. if you do, know that it is a contagious skin infection. simple. it is not like other sti that can lead to a long complicated life or even death. it is an annoying skin infection that outbreaks and causes irritation. my best advice is to get tested these is not normal skin of the penis. but stressing and loosing sleep will not lead to recovery it will lead to more complications. Don't stress, just educate yourself with test results and facts.

• Edited

Thank you Marie. I just gave swab today.

I don't feel itchy or pain or tingling sensation. Dr told its mild but concerning.

Hoping to get result soon.

• Posted

Hi Marie,

These are developing one by one and not at same time? Do you think it is herpes?

There is no pain or itch or burning sensation.

Thanks

• Edited

if you gave a swab the swab will be able to tell you what this is in regards to herpes. just give it a couple days for the results to get back to you

• Posted

Hi Marie,

The sample from sore was not tested due to potential monkeyfox exposure to lab personal. Will the sample will be useful to test in another lab? or another method?

Thanks,

K

• Posted

sounds like you may need to hive a new sample which is hard to do if youve begun to heal

• Posted

I already healed. 😦 there is no spots now.

• Edited

you can wait 90 days (3 months) and a blood test may be enough to tell you weather or not you e been exposed. If this was an outbreak there is a probability that you could have another. wait and see what your body does. in the mean time i would avoid sex until you know for sure weather or not you have the virus.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

When can I expect another breakout? any idea?

• Posted

thats the crappiest thing about this virus. some have one and never have another, others get them throughout the year here and there, and other get them every month. its a waiting game.

• Posted

Hi Marie,

The test came back negative. but again they have popped up but no pain/tingling or blister formation. The only thing is they easily get popped. I am worried.

Will doing blood work find if it is Herpes?

• Posted

blood will find it but your body has to have time to build antibodies. the blood tests are about 65% accurate but it allows you to receive antivirals. If you have them pop up again i would call the doctor and see if they couldn't see you on an emergency visit. a swab test from active sores will give you a 99% answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.