What are these and what should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've only noticed them lately, before I didn't have them or there were only a few and they weren't noticeable. At first I thought they were fordyce spots since I got some on my upper lip, but it got worse, quite quickly and now I'm not sure. If to touch these, they slightly sting but eventually it stops. These are very uncomfortable too. I have never engaged in any sexual intercourse or contact. What should I do about these? I don't have enough confidence to say anything to my mother, but if it's serious I'd have to. I already mentioned the fordyce on my lips, acting as if I didn't know about fordyce and she just said maybe it'll go away eventually.

Are there any home remedies to make it better? It makes my self confidence really low. imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

fordyce spots usually dont cause any irritation or stinging unless they are being irritated by friction could be your underwear or tight clothing fordyce spots are normal and nothing to worry about

• Posted

its best to visit your doctor to have them look at them to be sure that that is what they are u say u never had sexual contact or intercourse so its more a skin related issue i have some that look very similar but iv never had any irritation only when i had thrush they became a bit more prominent and itchy

• Posted

hnmmm get tested for herpes. they look a little similar . do they cause pain itchiness

• Posted

how could it be herpes if shes never had sex or sexual contact?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.