What are these?!? Are these cold sores?

Posted , 3 users are following.

One appeared on my bottom lip a couple days ago and was painful, then the rest followed and had very soft white flesh that easily peeled and then crusted over yellow. They still hurt and I don't know what they are or what to do. image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine! The lesion in the picture looks very much like a lesion caused by herpes labialis. Also, the fact that it all started with a lesion that spread, increases my suspicion that it is indeed herpes.

The best thing to do is to see a general practitioner so that he or she can give you an accurate diagnosis and prescribe a treatment with antivirals if appropriate.

• Posted

hi did you find out what this was?? i have something very similar. I'm so nervous

• Posted

Yes. I haven't gotten an official diagnosis, but treating it like type 2 with lysine pills daily seems to have stopped all infections! Have only had one outbreak 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.