What are these? Are these signs of genital herpes? Or are these they rash or yeast infection?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently, I have been scratching at these areas and it itches more as i scratch more too.

However, it started to become reddish (or skin becomes pink) for days, and very slightly painful to the touch (almost as if you place a finger onto a blister)

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Hi Anonymous,

It's difficult to tell whether the red marks/sores have developed because of your persistent scratching or for some other reason.

Are you itchy elsewhere on your body?

Adhari

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, Adhari.

i do not feel itchy elsewhere on my body, these pinkish areas feel sensitive (in terms of the itchiness) to touch and have been around for 4-5 days.

They are pinkish/reddish possibly due to scratching almost everyday since itchiness started to occur at those areas. So their colors are possibly due to the scratching.

Could it be yeast infection or something?

• Edited

An infection of some sort is a possibility, but the excoriation from scratching the area has obscured any distinctive features of the underlying condition. If you can't see a doctor, I suggest you wash the area with soap and water at least twice a day and use a moisturiser after washing. Allow the area to heal.

Adhari

• Edited

Hi Adhari, i stopped scratching for a day or 2. but couldnt help but scratch it yesterday during my bath. Right now (almost 24hours and i haven't scratched it), it seems to give off some sort of transparent fluid. the fluid is not thick and doesnt smell at all. I'm not sure it its sweat because i would dry the spot with a tissue and the area keeps becoming moist.

It does feel very itchy when i scratch.

As for the upper and smaller reddish spot, it subsided and is fine probably because i didnt scratch it.

Also, there is no pain at all, just itch.

Fyi, my last sexual activitiy was a month ago and it was protected sex.

It does not look reddish in person as it is shown in the photos

• Posted

Hi,

It actually looks a lot worse than the earlier photos, but it could be you're stretching the skin as the photo was taken. I think if you can stop scratching for even a few days it will start to heal. A moisturiser like Aveeno or Neutrogena applied regularly may help with the itching until it heals.

Adhari

• Posted

Hi Adhari,

I haven't persistently scratched them for another 2 days, they did get less red, except that i may have unconsciously scratched them slightly or while i sleep. Its minimal scratching.

The itchiness isn't really very itchy and they do not persist for a long time. It does eventually stop itching for awhile when I don't bother about it.

However, I just had a bath (clean it with soap), and then the rash raised by a little like bumps. But the areas still release some sort of watery odourless fluid. Any verdict on this?

Above are the raised rash after i had a bath.

I have been researching here and there about the Herpes symptoms picture and my rash does not look like them.** They are definitely not blisters and they are not painful at all.** I have checked the head of my penis and it is healthy. And like I said, my last sexual activity was protected and about 30 days ago Is there still a chance that it could be symptom of a serious infection?

If the problems persist, I will see the doctor. But I'm just concerned if they are issues to be worried about. Thank you.

Below are the photos of when the areas are wet due to the watery fluid discharge, and dried with a tissue.

• Posted

I would think keeping it clean by washing it regularly with soap and water and moisturising the area is the way forward. Regarding itching and scratching at night, taking a sedating antihistamine might help (chlorpheniramine, hydroxyzine or promethazine)- these may require a prescription from your doctor. If you are seeing your doctor anyway, you could ask them to prescribe Trimovate or Fucibet for the rash. The fluid you are describing is exudate (serum) from the raw surface of the rash.

Unlike others, I don't think this is herpes. Pain, not itching is a hallmark of herpes and its appearances are also not consistent with this diagnosis.

Adhari.

• Posted

hey this is deffo herpes , its in your pubic area too . get some antivirals and thatll help it stop spreading x

• Posted

Yeah, I'm going to agree with the above and say this is probably herpes. Get with your doc ASAP so he can get a swab for verification.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.