What are these bumps???

Posted , 4 users are following.

There are strange bumps on the shaft of my penis and groin area for about 2 weeks. They do not hurt or itch, but my penis has occasional burning sensation. Also my rectum seems to tighten on its own until i notice it and can be painful. I have only been sexually active with 1 person and yes this was also unprotected. Its been going on for a week

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

for some strange reason, it is not allowing me to post any of my pictures of it. It says the file size is too big. Please help!!!

• Posted

imageimageimage

• Posted

i believed it was herpes at first. when i went to the doctor, they only looked at it and said it was not herpes. what are these symptoms i am having and could i have gotten them.

• Posted

doesnt follow the ordinary herpes look at all. if you can pop them or they are spreading like poison ivy id consider mallascum contagiosum. if theyre more slow growing and not poppable id lean towards genitsl warts. not a doctor so go get tested to be sure.

• Posted

they were just on my grown and penis. then they spread above my waist and belly button area sometime later. how can i get rid of this and what will the doctor do?

• Posted

looks like genital warts to me, having said that if they are spreading quite rapidly then it may lean more towards molluscum, as warts dont usually spread at a rate that fast. if it is warts, then you can have them frozen off and depending on how your immune system reacts they may stay for good or come back over 6-12months. if it is molluscum, then just suck it up and wait it out the body generally clears this virus on its own in a period of 12-18 months.

• Posted

yeah so im not familiar with how the docs will remove this from where it is located. with it being on my genitals and all

• Posted

Jimmy DO NOT WAIT IT OUT. this looks like mallascum contagiosum. it is very treatable by a doctor and waiting 12-18 months is not good because they are super contagious. this is not a life threatening or life long sexually transmitted issue. they pop easily and spread quickly like poison ivy like i previously stated. DO NOT wait it out. a doctor will most likely freeze them off with liquid nitrogen or remove them with a tool. DO NOT do this yourself a medically trained professional can fix this so easily.

• Posted

should i go to an urgent care center and get tested it set up an appointment with a doctor.

• Posted

i dont think an appointment with your doctor is necessary. an std clinic knows how to handle mallascum very well and can diagnose you properly. if an std clinic is not an option for whatever reason, i think a dermatologist is the second best option. goodluck!!! keep me updated and deel free to message me.

• Posted

whatever your circumstances are. treatment is simple so whatever is financially viable for you and easily accessible is your best option.

• Posted

so i went to a doc and he immediately said it was genital warts. i was given imiquimod 5% cream. how long does this take to be effective and what do i do now?

• Posted

Follow the instructions given by your doctor. they are rather small, I think you will start to see improvements in 2 weeks. Might fully be gone by 4 weeks at a minimum 8 weeks at a maximum. But every body is different, thats just what ive experienced from my patients and research. Note: You might react to imiquimod 5% differently than other people as per expected. I hope it all works out for you!

just know a lot of people once the warts are gone they never get warts again. other people arent so lucky and they reoccur randomly. Hope youre one of the lucky ones!

if for whatever reason you were not given instruction, there is no instructions on the label, or you forgot what your physician said. I suggest calling the place you went to and asking to speak to someone about it.

best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.